Chapter 46: The Date

It had been 2 weeks since Draco's tattoo incident. Now, it was the end of June. Al's birthday had just passed. Of course, there was a birthday dinner at The Burrow, and all of the Weasley-Potter's were there. Al had turned 17. Albus was like Harry, their birthdays were in the summer. And then, Rose was like Hermione. Her birthday was in October, and she would be turning 18. Hermione was always a few months older than Ron and Harry. Unfortunately, Scorpius was suppose to come, but he had something come up. Anyways, summer was passing by, and it was now the end of June.

Scorpius was mad that he couldn't make it to The Burrow to see Al and Rose. So, he made sure that he made it up to them. Well, he would make it up to Al later when he went and stayed with him and his family, but for now, he was focused on Rose.

Two weeks ago was the scare with his dad. He really wanted to make it up to Rose for that. She was so helpful to the both of them. Scorpius didn't know what he would have done without her that day. And then, to top it all off, she got Luna to do that amazing tattoo for his dad. Scorpius really couldn't thank Rose enough. Then, an idea came to him.

They needed to go on a date. Just them, together, outside of school. Most of their dates were either at Hogsmeade or on the school grounds. He wanted to take Rose on a nice date. So, he got to thinking. What would be a good date idea?

After about 15 minutes of contemplating different ideas, a great one came to Scorpius. What if he could borrow the motorbike from Al, and him and Rose could go for a nice ride. This would be perfect. Him and Rose could go for dinner somewhere, and go for a nice ride. If he could convince Al to help him with this, then, this would be an amazing date opportunity for Rose and him.

So, with the snap of his fingers, Scorpius went from his bedroom, to standing in the middle of the Potter's living room.

"Oh, hello Scorpius. This is a nice surprise." Ginny said as she entered the living room after hearing the sound of someone apparating in.

"Hello Mrs. Potter. Is Al around? I need to ask him a favor." Scorpius said to Ginny.

"Yea. He's out in the garage." Ginny responded.

"Okay, thank you." Scorpius said, walking out the back door, and out to where the garage was.

When Scorpius approached the garage, he could hear classic rock blasting, and Albus sitting in there doing something to his motorbike.

"Oh, hey Scorp. When did you get here?" Albus said when he noticed his platinum blond haired friend walk into the garage. He then went over to turn down the music a little bit.

"Just now. Anyways, I need to ask you a pretty big favor." Scorpius said to Albus.

"Ask away." Al responded, starting to clean up the tools he had scattered on the floor.

"Well, you know the incident that happened a bit ago." Scorpius started. Al nodded, indicating for Scorpius to go on.

"When that all happened, Rose was the first one there to help me. I want to make it up to her. It's been a while since we've gone on a date. Actually, we've never gone on one outside of school. So, what I'm trying to say, is, can I borrow the bike? I thought it would be a nice date idea if me and Rose could go somewhere for dinner, and go on a bike ride." Scorpius explained to Albus. Albus took this all in and thought for a moment, and then started talking.

"Well, that's a good idea. I don't mind lending it to you at all. But, you're going to half to learn how to drive it first. It's pretty different than riding a broom." Albus replied.

So, the rest of that afternoon was spent by Albus teaching Scorpius how to drive the bike. Al was right, it was way different that riding a broom. But, after a while, Scorpius got the hang of it. Now that Scorpius could drive the motorbike, all he had to do is write to Rose and ask her on a date this Friday night. Scorpius couldn't wait.