Chapter 38: Christmas Again

About a week past since everyone arrived home from school. Everyone was looking forward to Christmas. Especially Rose and Scorpius. They were excited to send each other's gifts. Rose couldn't wait for Scorpius to send a reaction/response letter to her gift. And vise versa. Scorpius couldn't wait to get a letter from Rose about the bracelet.

But, for Rose, some other feeling was dwelling in her. She still hadn't told Ron about Scorpius. She said to herself that she was going to do it before Christmas, but Christmas was in less than 24 hours. She just couldn't. She tried multiple times, but she just couldn't spit it out. It wasn't exact ally easy to say, Oh yea, I've been dating the man you hate's son for 6 months, and we were pretty close before then. Rose was just dreading it. There were only a few things that made her feel better. One was, that she was going to send Scorpius his gift tomorrow. And two, Scorpius supported her, no matter what she did. I mean, he thought it was a smart idea to tell Ron sooner than later, but he supported whatever Rose thought.

There was just one conflict though. Rose may have already wrote to Scorpius and told him that she already did it before Christmas. And, she came so close to doing it! She had really good intentions that night. Her, Hermione, Hugo, and Ron were all sitting at dinner one night. Pig came in and dropped and dropped a letter for Rose. Of course, it was from Scorpius. Ron noticed how much Rose was smiling while she was reading it, and asked, "Who is that from?" Hermione caught this, and gave her daughter a wishing wink. This would be the perfect opportunity to tell him. They were all sitting down for dinner, and everything was nice and calm. Rose had all the intentions to answer him confidently, but at the last second, she crumpled. All she could manage to spit out was, "a friend." Damn it. Why couldn't she just spit it out!

Anyways, Rose decided to put it on the back burner temporarily, and just focus on the Christmas festivities.

"Did you tell him yet? Hugo told me that you almost did." Albus said to Rose. Every year, everyone went over the Potter's house for Christmas Eve and New Years. But, for Christmas, that was always spent at The Burrow.

"No. I'll do it after Christmas. I don't want to spoil the holiday." Rose responded with a sigh.

"Well, I would suggest you do it soon. Just a warning." Albus said back. He knew Scorpius's plans for Rose's gift tomorrow. He thought it would be easier for Ron to know before Rose's gift came.

"I know, you not the first one who's said that." Rose told him sarcastically. After Al and Rose's conversation, Caroline came over and took Albus. Curtesy of Ginny, their was some mistletoe over the doorway of the hall. Rose watched as Albus and Caroline went on to snogg. This made Rose a little jealous. Al and Caroline were able to be so open about their relationship. They had really only been dating for three months. Her and Scorpius really had been sort of together for a year, and still not very many people knew about it. Rose knew that she was being ridiculous about it, but, still.

The rest of the night went fine. Everyone sat around and ate dinner, dessert, and chatted. By everyone, I mean, Arthur, Molly, Bill, Fleur, Victorie, Teddy, Andromeda, Domonique, Louis, Charlie, Percy, Audrey, Molly, Lucy, George, Angelina, Fred, Roxanne, Ron, Hermione, Rose, Hugo, Harry, Ginny, James, Albus, Caroline, and Lily. Everyone sat all over the main floor of the house, trying to talk to each other across rooms.

After a while, everyone went home, and they would all see each other at The Burrow tomorrow.

***

The next day, Scorpius woke up looking very forward to today. Today was Christmas! Today was the day that he would send Rose her gift. That was what excited him the most. Scorpius quickly got up out of bed, and walked over to his desk, and looked at the wrapped box that contained Rose's Scorpius bracelet. There was just one last thing to do. He had to write a letter to go along with it.