Chapter 41: Slytherin vs. Gryffindor, Year 6

The next month, almost two, had gone by since all the students returned from Holiday Break. Scorpius and Rose did their usual. Study together, go to Hogsmeade together, walk the grounds arm in arm, and more. They were still learning new things about each other. It was still like every time they saw each other, they were falling in love again for the first time. This was truly a great thing. Both of them were madly in love with one another.

It was a chilly day in the end of February. Spring was approaching, but slowly. Rose woke up to the sunshine shining through her dormitory window. Today would be an interesting day. Rose got up out of bed, and got ready. Most of her roommates weren't up yet, so she took a few extra minutes enjoying the hot water of the shower. When she got out, she casted a drying charm on her hair, which, if she didn't, it would remain wet for the rest of the day. She brushed on just a little bit of mascara, and brushed her hair into a low ponytail. She pulled out a few strands to frame her face. Her long, red, curly, hair cascaded down her back, from the end of the scrunchy. After that, she went over to her trunk and pulled out her red and gold Quidditch jumper, a pair of light distressed jeans, and her white high top Converse. On Quidditch game days, the teams were allowed to wear this instead of their school robes to breakfast. They were going to change into their uniforms later anyway.

This day was going to be a confusing one for Rose. She loved Quidditch game days. She loved playing in one of the Chaser positions. But, something kept coming out of the back of her mind. Today was the Slytherin vs. Gryffindor match. She would have to play against Scorpius. It was one thing that Scorpius was on the other team, but he played the same position as Rose. Rose loved Scorpius way to much to let this cause any tension, but, it did worry her, just the slightest tad bit.

Scorpius woke up and kind of felt similarly. He also woke to the sunshine shining in his dorm window. All of his roommates, including Albus, were still sound asleep. Scorpius decided to get up, and enjoy the hot water from the shower, before it ran out. Once he got out, he slowly went back out into the dorm with wet hair, and a towel on, and grabbed his his Quidditch jumper and a pair of pants and shoes. He looked at himself in the mirror for a second. There was a thought that kept running through his head. Rose. Today was the Slytherin vs. Gryffindor match.

Now that he was an actual member of the team, and had a real position, he would have to play against Rose. To top it all off, she played the same position as him. He tried to let this not worry him. It wasn't worth causing tension between them over a silly game. Scorpius would not let that happen. He wasn't going to risk his relationship with the girl of his dreams over Quidditch. He fancied and dreamed about getting her as his girlfriend way to long for that to happen. After 5 years of fancying her, and now that he was finally with her, he wasn't going to loose her that quickly. Absolutely no way.

Scorpius just hoped that Jessica came up with a play that involved a different Chaser to play against Rose. Scorpius would rather take Lorcan or Roxanne. But, again, he supposed it was just a silly game, and this wouldn't do anything to their relationship.

***
Later, down at breakfast, the same thoughts filled both Scorpius and Rose's heads. It shouldn't be bothering them? Why did it? Each knew that the other would hopefully have the answer. They both thought that they should probably meet up before the match started.

Scorpius looked over at the Gryffindor table. Rose was laughing at something probably Hugo said. Scorpius watched her red curls bounce and move, cascading down her back as she laughed.

Little did Scorpius know, but that was a fake laugh. Rose just fake laughed with the rest of her team and friends, when Hugo said something stupid. The same thoughts filled her head as earlier this morning. She hated that they did, but they did. That was it. She had to talk to Scorpius about it. Rose took the unused napkin, and borrowed a quill from Caroline. She quickly scribbled down something.