Chapter 56: Dress Shopping

About a month and a half passed since the Slytherin vs. Gryffindor Quidditch match. Both Scorpius and Rose were relieved that it was over, and that they were still on great terms with each other. They knew that they would probably have to compete against each other again for the cup, but that wasn't until the end of May. It was currently the end of March, almost April. Rose and Scorpius were happy because Easter break was coming up really soon. Really, ever since they got back from Christmas Break, Scorpius and Rose really didn't have many chances to have free time to themselves. On the Hogsmeade trips every month, Scorpius and Rose loved spending an hour and a half just chilling and relaxing in The Three Broomsticks. But, once a month was definitely not enough. Most time was spent, at practice, studying/homework, and Head stuff. Rose had continued to sneak to Scorpius's room and crawl into bed with him once in a while, but not to often because they didn't want to get caught.

Anyways, Rose was really looking forward to the next few months. The end of 7th year was filled with special festivities. Some of those included, Quidditch Cup, Graduation Ball, and Graduation itself. But, what excited Rose the most was the Graduation Ball. Rose had looked forward to that since first year. It was held the night before the Graduation ceremony, and it was a very formal ball. In the car ride from King's Cross coming home for the short Easter holiday, Rose was thinking about it now. She was thinking about herself, in a pretty dress, dancing the night away with Scorpius. Even though the ball was months away, Rose already knew that she was going with Scorpius.

But, what got her really thinking about it now, is that, Hermione said that over the short break, that she would take Rose dress shopping. This really excited Rose. She wasn't really one for dresses, but, imagining a pretty Cinderella dress for this ball really excited her. And, this was the only time Rose could go home between now and the end of the year, and she really needed a dress.

"We're home." Ron said as the family of four pulled into the driveway. Rose didn't realize they were home right away, she had really spent the whole drive home thinking about the ball. Hermione glanced back at her daughter, and noticed she had a smiled etched across her freckled face. She knew exactly what she was thinking about. 

***
The next morning was Saturday. Like last year, the students left school on Friday, and would return Tuesday morning. It was also the day before Easter. Rose was woken up by hearing her mum's voice.

"Rosie, it's time to get up. We have to go dress shopping with Aunt Ginny, Caroline, and Lily today." Hermione said as she laid her hand on Rose's arm to wake her up. Ginny, Caroline, and Lily wanted to go with Hermione and Rose to go dress shopping. Ginny and Lily wanted to just go for fun, but Caroline to needed a dress. Even though she was a fifth year, she still needed a dress because she was going to be Albus's date.

Rose woke up right away at her mum's comment. She had been looking forward to this day since two weeks ago when Hermione wrote and said when they could go. "Well, what are we waiting for?" Rose said as she jolted awake. Hermione laughed at Rose, and then left the room to let Rose get ready for the day.

When her mum left, Rose took a quick shower, casted a drying charm on herself, and then went back to her room to get dressed. Rose picked out an outfit that was pretty cute. She pulled a nice pair of dark jeans, a nice top, a cute army green leather jacket, and paired it with a pretty scarf. She then slid on her Timberland boots that she received a couple of Christmas's ago, and looked at herself in the mirror to evaluate her outfit. She did look pretty cute. She then then brushed her hair back into a low ponytail, letting the hair held back by the scrunchy cascade down her back. After that, she flicked on a little mascara, and made her way downstairs.

"Ready to go?" Hermione said as Rose came down the stairs.

"Yep, let me just get something to eat real quick." Rose said, as she made her way to the kitchen to grab a granola bar to munch on quickly.