Chapter 61: Graduation & Surprises

The morning after the Graduation Ball, Rose woke up to the sight of Scorpius's arm draped around her waist, with him holding her close and snuggling her. Rose then realized what day it was today. Today was the day that she would be graduating from Hogwarts. She had attended the Graduation Ceremony before for her cousins, but this would be the first time that she would actually be in it. At this point she was wide awake and excited. She glanced over at Scorpius's watch that he had taken off the night before, and placed on his nightstand, and it read 7:30. As she read the time, Rose almost sprinted out of bed. She had to get ready. It usually took her a while to get ready. But, as she tried to get up, Scorpius's grip around her got stronger, continuing to pull her even closer into him. On a normal day, Rose would be fine with this, but today was not a normal day.

"Scorp, you have to let me go. Today's graduation, remember? I need to get ready." Rose whispered softly into Scorpius's ear, brushing away his very soft platinum blond hair.

When Rose said this, Scorpius let out a groaning noise, and reluctantly let her go. Once Rose was free, she gave him a thank you kiss on the cheek, and exited Scorpius's room to go get ready in hers.

Since Rose was now gone, there was no point in going back to sleep. Scorpius then fluttered his silver eyes open, and the realization of the events that would happen today hit him like a ton of bricks. Not only was he graduating from the school he went to for seven years, but also probably taking the next big step in his life. The nerves were back. He just surly hoped that his plan went accordingly today.

With a bit of debate, Scorpius decided to get out of bed. If he did want his plan to go accordingly, he would have to actually try and get out of bed. Once he was up, he glanced over his room. It was now just how he found it at the beginning of the year. On Friday night, all of the 7th Years were required to pack their trunks and belongings, because on Sunday, after the ceremony, they wouldn't be able to go back to their dorms. The house elves were going to take care of it all. The only things Scorpius left out were his clothes, shoes, graduation robes and cap, and the tiny ring box that held his mum's old engagement ring, that would soon and hopefully be Rose's.

Scorpius then proceeded to take a shower, and get ready. After placing a drying charm on himself, Scorpius walked back to his room to get dressed. He put on a collar shirt, dress pants, his Slytherin tie, his black graduation robes with the Hogwarts emblem stitched onto it, and his graduation cap. Once Scorpius was dressed, he picked up the only thing that was left on his bed, the ring box. He flicked open the lid, and observed the large diamond and emerald ring. As he was lookin at it, he was nervous and excited at the same time. He was nervous about if Rose would say yes or not, but if she did, then Scorpius would be able to spend the rest of his life with her. Before he started doubting himself, Scorpius decided to slide the ring in the pocket of his robes for now. Scorpius then gave his room one last look, before exiting it, and walking out into the Common Room.

***

Meanwhile, after Rose left Scorpius's room, she preceded to get ready for the day. After showering and a quick drying charm, Rose put on a pretty, white, summer dress. Over top of that, she put on her black graduation robes, and her graduation cap. Last night, her hair had returned to it's normal bushy, curly form, so the ends spewed out of the brim of the cap. Once she had all of that on, she tied on a pretty pair of platform heeled espadrilles. Rose then sprang up from the spot she was sitting on her bed, and looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe she was graduating today. She felt like it was yesterday when she was 11, and her parents were dropping her off at King's Cross for the first time. So much had changed since then. Rose couldn't wait to see what her life had in store next.

Before exiting her room, Rose gave it one last glance. She to already had her things all packed up. She just truly couldn't believe that she would never be going to school here again. Before these thoughts drowned her, Rose left her room, and went out into the Common Room. When she got there, she noticed Scorpius and all the other Heads also had their graduation robes and caps on too.