Chapter 44: The Start of the Summer

Everyone was home from school for the summer now. Scorpius and Rose were looking forward to this summer. They could both Apparate now. So, really, they could see each other whenever they pleased. Also, since they were now both 17, they could do magic outside of school. That was the nicest thing of all. They didn't have to rely on their family members to cast simple charms for them anymore.

But, the thing they look forward to most is having the best summer together. Even though they had only been home for a few days, the two were already writing back and forth. On this night, when Rose was writing her almost daily letter to Scorpius, she was mentioning something to him that excited her.

Scorpius,

How was your day? Mine was fine, I guess. I spent the day working at Uncle George's shop. I'm hoping by the end of the summer I've saved up enough for a new Firebolt. Anyways, I found out that my Aunt Fleur and Uncle Bill are having a kick off summer party at their house this Saturday. At the beach, of course. I want you to come, if your not busy. I hope I see you then.

Love,
Rose

This weekend, at Shell Cottage, Bill and Fleur decided that they wanted to have everyone come for a day at the beach, to kind of celebrate the start of summer. Rose knew that no one would mind if Scorpius were to come, so, she decided to invite him. These were the kind of moments that Rose really looked forward to this summer. Where Scorpius could just Apparate over in seconds, and they could spend the day together.

Another thing was, like every summer, Rose took shifts at Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. But, this year, she was saving. She wanted to buy herself a Firebolt 2, like Scorpius's. She liked her Cleansweep, and it did the job, but, a Firebolt is a Firebolt. During matches this past year, Rose noticed that no one could catch up with Scorpius because of how fast his broom was. She knew it was silly, but she wanted a Firebolt 2. And, she knew that since it was her last year at Hogwarts, that she probably wouldn't get one from her parents. But, that was why she was taking extra shifts at the Joke Shop.

When she finished writing this down, she took it and sealed it in an envelope. When she was done, she went downstairs and gave the envelope to Pig. Pig always looked happy when he got to deliver something. So, very cheerfully, the not so little anymore owl took the envelope into his beak, and took off out the window towards Malfoy Manor.

"Did you invite Scorpius over to Uncle Bill and Aunt Fleur's this weekend?" Hermione asked, as she noticed Rose handed Pig an envelope.

"Yep." Rose responded with a smile. Then, Rose went back upstairs to her room, and waited for a response. In the meantime, she decided to pop open a good novel.

***
Scorpius was sitting in his room, going through every enchanted photograph in the magical frame that Rose gave him for Christmas. Scorpius could remember the exact moment every one was taken by Caroline. Each moment Scorpius glanced over made him have those familiar butterflies in his stomach. Every time he even just set a quarter of an eye on Rose, it was like he was struck by a brilliant, radiating, light. But, he was interrupted, by a familiar owl flying into his window.

"Hey Pig." Scorpius said as he ruffled the owl's feathers, and took the envelope from him. With that, the owl took off out the window.

Scorpius ripped the envelope open, and began to read the letter. Just looking at Rose's handwriting made his eyes light up. He read over every word, and took in what the letter said. Once he was finished, he had a big smile on his face. These were the kind of things he looked greatly forward to this summer. Scorpius walked over to his desk, and pulled out a quill, piece of parchment, and an envelope.