Chapter 3: Summer Days

The first two months of the summer holidays flew by. Before anyone knew it, it was already the first week of August. For Scorpius Malfoy though, this time was exciting, yet nerve-wrecking. He was very excited to go stay with his best mate, after two months of basically being alone everyday. But, this almost meant he would see Rose soon. What would she think about him now?

    Scorpius had spent the summer working out everyday. He had got a book on muggle exercise from Flourish & Blots, and transfigured a few Knuts into weights. He now had biceps and abs. But, he always transfigured the weights back before his father came home. He was the last person that needed to know that his son was trying to impress a Granger-Weasley.

    About an hour after Draco left for work, a black owl came swooping into the main room with a letter addressed to Scorpius Malfoy in its beak. This owl belonged to the Potters.

    "Thanks Wigdon." Scorpius said to the owl before feeding him a treat.

    The letter said:

    Dear Scorpius,

    One more week till you come and stay! I'm excited. I bet you're going house-crazy! Anyway, can't wait to see you!

    Your mate, Albus

    Scorpius and Albus's letters were always short like this. Scorpius always like to write a lot, and lets face it, Albus would get lazy and not read all that. And, of course, Albus didn't like to write in the first place.

    Albus and Scorpius had wrote to each other about once a week over the summer. At this point, they were all caught up in each others news, so there wasn't much to write about, except for Scorpius coming to stay next week. But, little did Albus know about his friend's physical transformation. Not only was he strong now, he had grown another four inches over the past two months. Scorpius wanted to see if Albus noticed. He thought maybe if his oblivious best mate would notice, maybe Rose would too.

    After Wigdon took off, another owl flew into the house.

    "Ooh, this must be my Hogwarts letter for this year." Scorpius thought.

    Then Scorpius took the letter from the brown owl, and read it.

    Scorpius Malfoy,

    Here is a list of the following books you will need for next term:

    Seeing the Future, by Sybil Treylawney
    Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, by Newt Scamander
    Pre-Advanced Potion Making, by various authors
    Transfiguration Volume 5, by various authors
    Charms Volume 5, by various authors
    Pre-Advanced Arthrimancy, by various authors
    History of Magic Grade 5, by Bathlida Bagshot
    Astronomy: Guide to the Stars and how it Connects Us, by Ferenzie
    Guide to the Muggle World, by various authors

    Scorpius took all nine subjects that he could. He was one out of two students that did that in his year. You could definitely bet that the other was no other than Rose Weasley.

    Then something else fell out of the envelope. It was a tiny green badge that had a P on it. Scorpius then furiously flipped the piece of parchment over.

    You have also been selected as the Fifth-Year Slytherin Boy's Prefect.

    Congratulations,
    Headmistress Minerva McGonagall
    Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

    "Sweet!" Scorpius thought to himself. But this wasn't a surprise though. Him and Al always knew he would be selected to be a prefect in his fifth year.