Chapter 55: Slytherin vs. Gryffindor, 7th Year

All the students were back to school now. Actually, everyone had been back from Holliday break now. It was the end of January, going on February. Over the past month, Scorpius and Rose did their usual stressful, packed, schedules. As you already know, that consists of Quidditch practice, Head duties, and N.E.W.T studying. This past month had been pretty stressful for Scorpius and Rose. This weekend, the Slytherin vs. Gryffindor Quidditch match was coming up. Both Scorpius and Rose wanted to be supportive of each other, but, at the same time, they were both VERY competitive with each other, and wanted  their teams to win.

Rose loved Scorpius very much, and it was hard for her to try and beat him at something. Well, it definitely wouldn't be easy. Scorpius's plays were genius, and, it would probably be hard for her team to come up with a counter play. Rose wasn't going to cheat and be selfish, by asking what his strategy was. She knew that he would tell her, but, she wanted to be fair, for both teams sake.

Scorpius felt very similar to Rose. She was the love of his life. He didn't want to cause tension over a silly Quidditch match. It wasn't worth it. But, at the same time, Scorpius was still Captain, and he had to be there and try for his team. Scorpius wanted to win, but then again, he loved seeing Rose happy about anything. It wouldn't be fair to his team though. They had put in all this hard work, and they were really looking forward to the match. He needed to talk to Rose about this, it was eating him alive.

"Hey, can we talk about something?" Rose asked, interrupting Scorpius's war inside his head, while they were supposed to be studying for exams.

"Yea, actually, I was going to ask you the same question, but you go first." Scorpius answered, looking at Rose in her ocean blue eyes, that expression showed stress. Maybe she was thinking the same thing? All Scorpius knew, is they had to talk this out.

"Well, this has been on my mind a lot lately. We need to discuss the match on Saturday. Scorpius, you know I love you, and I would never stop over a silly Quidditch match. But, we can't have a truce. That wouldn't be fair to either of our teams. They work way to hard for us to cheat the whole match. It just wouldn't be fair for them. What are we going to do?" Rose started, and still had a look of stress in her eyes.

Scorpius felt awful. Rose and himself had been so much stress since Holliday ended. They just couldn't wait to get these exams out of the way, but, that wouldn't be until JUNE! That was 5 months from now. Teachers were just slamming them with homework, and it felt like they didn't have any time to themselves at all anymore.

"Well, Rosie. I agree with you. We definitely can't hold a truce, it wouldn't be fair to our teams. But, Quidditch means so much to the both of us. I feel like if we cheat the system somehow, it will do something to our relationship, because it wouldn't be honest. And, I don't want to risk our relationship over Quidditch." Scorpius answered partially. No way was he going to risk his relationship over Quidditch. He had tried to get Rose for five long years, and these past two had been the best of his entire life. Scorpius didn't know where he'd be without her. He couldn't imagine a life anymore without her in it. She kept the light on for him. Albus had been great for Scorpius over the years, but, Rose was Rose. She could read him, and fully understand him. They just belonged together, and Scorpius couldn't imagine them being apart.

"You're right. No truce, we can agree on that. We need to play normally. No letting me score on you on purpose. Same way vice versa. I won't sacrifice my team, and let you score on me just because your my boyfriend. Just for the match, we need to not get wound up about each other. Just treat it like it's the other team, and were just versing each other." Rose explained, looking for Scorpius's answer. Scorpius couldn't agree with her more. He wasn't offended by anything she said. She was completely right, there was no changing it.