Chapter 42: Dinner with the Weasleys

(Before we start, I have a quick few things to say. I know, I'm sorry, but here's another time skip! But, trust me, it will definitely be worth it for this chapter. You'll see what I mean😉. And also, I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but yesterday was our Draco's 40th birthday! 💚🐍🍏🖤)

About a month past since the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin Quidditch match. That day was truly great for both Scorpius and Rose. Gryffindor won, but Scorpius had the best match in his life. That day, Ron had to cough to get Scorpius and Rose off each other. Rose and Scorpius blushed and smiled uncomfortably when he did this. So, Scorpius went over to Draco, and Rose went with her entire family.

Anyways, that was about a month ago. The month of February that turned into March went by fast. Spring had finally come. With Spring finally here that meant two things. Weather changes and Easter. For Scorpius and Rose, that meant more studying together, Quidditch practice, and long walks around the grounds together.

At this specific moment, it was a warmer day in March, and Scorpius and Rose were approaching their usual spot under the tree with their initials carved into it. Once they were there, they both sat down, and Rose leaned into Scorpius. In response, Scorpius draped an arm over her in protection.

"You know, I've been thinking. Easter break is coming up soon." Rose began.

"Yea, I'm listening." Scorpius replied, with his left arm draped around Rose, as she leaned into Scorpius's chest.

"Well, I have been giving this some serious thought lately. Now, hear me out. You really haven't had a chance to formally introduce yourself to my dad. I think you two need to sit down and talk. Get to know each other, you know?" Rose continued, staring up into Scorpius's sliver eyes.

"Wait, what?" Scorpius responded. What was Rose saying? Whatever what she was implying, it automatically made Scorpius nervous.

"It's just..., I don't plan on us separating anytime soon. And, really, you haven't had a chance to formally sit down and talk with him. What I was thinking was, I could write to my parents and ask if you could come for dinner one night during Easter break. This would be perfect opportunity for you to get to know them better." Rose said with a little cute smile. Scorpius could never resist that smile. She knew his weak spot.

It took a minute for Scorpius to respond to this. Was she serious? I mean, he would love the opportunity to go to Rose's house, but the fact of formally introducing himself to Rose's parents made him a little nervous.

"Well, what do you think?" Rose asked, after a minute of silence between the two 16 year olds.

"I would love to do that. I think it's a good idea." Scorpius said, trying to hide the fact that worried him. But he failed, Rose noticed the look on his face.

"What's wrong?" Rose asked, noticing the look of worry on Scorpius's face.

"It just worries me a little bit. I know your father despises mine. I just don't wan't anything to happen, that's all." Scorpius said, trying to sound reassuring, but he didn't succeed.

"Why? What do you think would happen?" Rose asked worriedly. Scorpius was scarring her.

"I can just imagine the headlines now. Ronald Weasley, former Auror, murders his daughter's boyfriend." Scorpius said. (Okay, this was stolen from a Pinterest post I saw, credit to whoever came up with it.)

Rose playfully gave Scorpius a nice slap on the arm.

"Scorpius Hyperion Malfoy. If that's not overreacting, I don't know what is. Besides, he would have to get through me first. Who would murder their own daughter?" Rose said playfully, instantly lightening up.