Chapter 7

-Yeji

"Do you think there's at least one octopus that's the size of a football field in the 95% undiscovered areas of the ocean?" Chaeryeong said as she was sitting on my bedroom floor.

Wtf?

"Chaeryeong, why are you suddenly trying to sound interesting?"

Chaeryeong has been acting weird lately. Like, she drank a gallon of Mountain Dew and it affected how her brain cells would work.

"How many times do you think humans from all over the world open and close their doors in a day?"

I groaned in frustration as I slumped on my bed. She's been yapping about random questions all day, and it's distracting me from watching Lucifer on Netflix.

"Girl, literally. Stop forcing your brain to think about questions like that. You're gonna hurt yourself." I said as I pat her head.

She placed both of her hands on her head and said, "Aw, my brain hurts."

I laughed and opened google on my phone and searched: "Interesting Questions to sound interesting."

I then turned my phone to her. "Google is a much simpler solution."

"What?? No. Google's always drunk."

As she said that, I felt my phone vibrate against my hand. Chaeryeong saw what notified on my phone because I pulled my hand back a little too late.

I quickly checked the message and I saw that Lia was ranting about what happened on a drama I had recommended to her a few days ago.

"I didn't know you and Lia were now texting buddies." Chaeryeong said as she crossed her arms and gave me a smug look. "And you could have picked a less cringey nickname for her. Cutie Lia with three red hearts? You're so whipped."

I rolled my eyes at her and responded to Lia: "Calm down. I told you about this that it was a sad ending."

Lia then replied almost immediately:"THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE IT FAIR. THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO END UP TOGETHER. BUT THE GUY JUST HAD TO CHOOSE THE OTHER GIRL. SJAHAHHDWJA IM SO PISSED."

Wow, this girl types fast when she rants. And not a single typo too. I chuckled because I could just imagine her face as she would say that.

"Yeji your gay is showing. Better hide it fast." Chaeryeong teased.

"Oh please. I'm not the only one whipped between us, Lee." I said nonchalantly as I kept texting Lia.

"Can't argue with that." Chaeryeong said as she still kept jotting down something in her notebook.

Just then Chaeryeong's phone beeped and showed someone sent a text. She grabbed her phone and read the message.

"Yuna wants me to go with her on the escape room challenge."

"I heard Lia mention that too."

Chaeryeong then stayed silent for a minute and snapped her fingers, as if she thought of an idea.

"Let's make a bet. The last person to escape from the room has to wear a tutu for an entire day in school."

Normally, a person who is in their right mind would say "Hell naw." But for a competitive person like me, especially with a fun punishment for your best friend, how could I not?