Chapter 24

-Lia

After what she did, I will never forgive her. It hurt me to hate her, but I still did. I don't know if the feelings I have for her are still there, but what I do know, is that I hated her now. This hatred was even stronger than my feelings for her before.

And I don't give a damn.

I gave her a chance to walk away, yet she didn't want to. And if she isn't gonna do it, then I'll be the one to do so.

I steered clear of her for the past few days. And those Days turned to weeks. And I couldn't be any happier.

Whenever I think of her, I would immediately force myself to think of something else. And through this charade of ours, I was glad that the hickeys started to disappear. I was glad, because it's one less thing that reminded me of her.

I wanted to forget about her as soon as possible.

I never promised myself that I would be a good kid. I never promised myself that I would be someone who would change the world. I never promised myself that I will become successful one day.

Everyone usually has a promise to themselves. And the first promise I made for myself was to hate her.

I promise to hate you, Hwang Yeji.

"I pro—" I came back to my senses because I almost said my promise out loud. Yuna, who was eating her spaghetti across the table, could have heard that. Which I don't want to happen.

Yuna's friends, Chaewon and Eunbi were at the table, chatting with each other. I was only just listening, while munching on my pudding.

They were talking about a new movie that was supposedly going to be out in a few weeks, when Eunbi said something that made my ears perk.

"Hey, I heard another new rumour that's been flying around." Eunbi says.

"Really? Who is it about?" Yuna asked.

"Yeji."

Yuna gave me a glance before turning back to Eunbi. "Oh really?" Chaewon chimed in. "What about Yeji?"

"Apparently, she's been dating a music club member. But I forgot her name."

"Is it Jo Yuri?" Chaewon asked.

"No, Yuri has a boyfriend who's in college. Lucky her. But I can't remember the girl's name. She's the bass player, and... hmm... her name's something like Sunji? Park Sunji?"

"Park Sujin?" I asked.

Their heads immediately turned to me, as I shrugged. "How do you know her name??"

"Oh, because... Yeji's told me her name a few times." I lied.

"Oh wait, yeah! You and Yeji are close. Are they really dating?" Chaewon asked. Yuna just shifted in her seat uncomfortably.

"I don't know. I haven't hung out with her recently." I said nonchalantly, as I took a spoonful of pudding.

"Bummer. I wish I could date her too." Chaewon says as she pouted.

"Didn't you get a sweet taste of her lips at a party one time?" Eunbi says.

"Yeah. She tasted like sweet vanilla. It was dreamy."

She tastes like cherries. Rotten cherries.

"Wait, really Chaewon? You did?" Yuna asked, her eyes widening.

"Of course. One of the best kissers around the globe, literally."

Tell me about it.

"Hey Choi!" I turned around to see Soobin run up behind me. "You didn't come to Yeonjun's party two weeks ago. Did you reconsider?"