Epilogue (2)

3 Years Later

It lasted for only a second, but such little time was actually longer in real life. Sometimes, you remember such occurrences, sometimes you don't. Some might be enjoyable, some might terrify you. Sometimes, I can't even notice if it was close to real life, or not.

If it really was me, with someone I didn't know.

I had normal dreams. But every night, where I least expected it, a strange dream would show.

In a room, I could see myself with her again.

A snack between both of our lips, as we chewed on it, and when the snack disappeared, our lips met. I had kissed this strange girl.

In a flash, I was in an unfamiliar room, with the same girl. I had entered her strange house, as she welcomed me, like I had been someone close to her. Like a friend.

This strange girl didn't have a face. Or at least, half of it wasn't visible. There was some sort of strong light that covered her eyes, not letting me know who she really was. In the dreams, we would spend time together. I wasn't familiar with any of the events that played, but...

I thought her smile was very pretty.

Strangely, one particular night, at July 21st, another dream of her occurred. Her eyes were still covered, marking her as the mysterious girl from my dreams.

But this dream had been different.

There were two streaks of tears in her cheeks, as she pushed me away. Her lips curved into a snarl, almost as if she hated me. Her mouth was opening and closing, saying various words to me, but I couldn't hear her voice.

From the rhythm of how her lips moved, it was like she spoke another language. Spanish? Chinese? It certainly wasn't in english, because if that were the case, I should have understood her, or at least knew the words she was saying based on how her lips moved.

I hugged the girl, but she still tried to push me away. She sobbed into my shirt, while the sky stared at us in pitifully. I could see myself saying something. Something that I didn't recall, or remember saying. Like it was a memory that didn't belong to me.

I didn't know her name, her face, or her voice.

I knew nothing about this girl. Yet, why does she appear in my dreams?

The dream continued, and we looked like we were having a conversation—no— we were fighting.

And for the first time, I heard her voice, but the words she spoke were still unfamiliar. It sounded like a language from a part from East Asia.

Her voice, it sounded very depressing. It was full of hoarseness, like she was angry and hated me. I didn't know if I had something to do with it, but the last time I saw her was her figure running inside the house while my hand held out to call out for her, but it was too late, as she closed the door behind her.

I opened my eyes and sat up on my bed gasping for air. The dream, this time, it was a sad one. It felt like somewhat of an unfinished story.

I took a deep breath, but I notice my nose became stuffy. I tried to take a deep breath again, but it turned into a soft sniffle, as I witness something stain my blanket.