Chapter 13

-Chaeryeong

She's the one who asked for a date, yet she's the one running late. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialled her number. It took a few rings before she picked up.

"Who is this?"

I furrowed my eyebrows as I was taken aback by the sound of her voice. It was quite husky and super sexy.

"Um...Y-Yuna, w-what are you doing?" I asked hesitantly, but I immediately regretted asking that question because for all I know she could be—

"Oh, I just woke up."

Oh thank god.

"Just woke up?" I said. "What do you mean, we were supposed to hang out today."

I could hear shuffling from the other side of the call, I'm guessing she sat up. "Wait, we were?"

"I guess I should just cancel th—"

"No, no, no! I'll be there in...uh, 20 minutes." Yuna says as more shuffling can be heard.

Since she was freaking out, I decided to just tease her. "20 minutes is too long, cutie boo." I said as couldn't hear her on the other end anymore, because she hung up on me. I rest my head on the seat of my car as I whisper, "20 minutes it is."

I decided to step out of the car and just head inside the amusement park. Carnival music blasted through my ears with a mix of exciting screaming kids from the rollercoaster and tower of doom. Just by looking at the rollercoaster that had almost 14 passengers, screaming, made me want to run away and throw up.

As I was walking and looking at different rides I felt a hand on my shoulder and call my name.

"There you are, Chaeryeong!" It was Yuna's voice.

I turned around to see her rocking such a simple outfit. She was wearing a black shirt, a crescent moon designed on the top left, with the sleeves that covered her arms down to her elbows. The shirt seemed to be oversized, which explains why the front of the shirt was tucked inside her ripped denim shorts, and the rest of the shirt just to fall behind her. Her blonde hair left untied, with a cute grey beanie on her head. Her legs stretched downward, until I saw her pair of white sneakers on her feet. Her accessories was a black choker, tied to her neck, with a little round, silver circle, like the ones you would see in a collar of a cat. And two silver bracelets that designed her left arm.

"I'm ready to ride. Let's go!"

The first thing she said sounded more inappropriate than it should.

"Alright." I reply. "Which one do you wanna ride first?"

Yuna pointed her finger in the air and I turned to see she was pointing at the tower of doom. I heard that it trolls you so many times, it stops, but then the next second it sends you flying in the air.

"C-Could we ride something else first?" I said as I stutter in nervousness at the sight of the ride.

Yuna bit her lower lip and stifled a laugh. "You don't like heights, do you?"

"No, I just think that's it's a death trap. I mean, you don't wanna die this early right?" I said with full confidence as I could even though I could feel my knees trembling.

"Chicken. Alright, let's try that one." Yuna pointed at the rollercoaster.

You have got to be kidding me.

"On second thought, let's ride the first one." I said as I took her hand and went to the line.

We got to the ride, and we started to put the safety handles on our chests, but I couldn't even fasten my seatbelt because my hands were shaking. Yuna must have noticed, so she took the seatbelt from my hands and locked it around my waist. The countdown started, and I gripped on the safety handles tightly.