Chapter 28

Rein sat perched on the window will with ease. His hair was swept to one side and blocked his eye. His grin was reflected on the window clearly as he stared out of it.

He was waiting for a client to show up at his place. His many followers littered the building, and even the outside. They had orders not to interfere with his business unless he told them to.

The client claimed that she knew about his hatred of the Maine family, and had information on them.

Rein grinned and rubbed at his lower lip vigorously. It burned slightly and forced him to stop. He sighed and thought about the members of the Maine family. His mind wandered as he remembered their smiling faces.

And how it then turned to anger and hatred.

He knew that they would hate him forever for what he did.

He had betrayed them.

His family.

Rein was the younger twin of Reid. They had grown up in the family business together. He spent years watching his brothers back as they grew. Because he was older, Reid had more friends and contacts from their father. This caused him to go farther in the business then Rein ever could.

Rein had spent his teenage years trying to convince his father that he was better then his brother. It backfired and the tension grew between them. His father had cast him aside and focused on Reid.

Rein soon realized his position in the business wasn't significant. His anger towards his brother and father only increased as his mother stepped in. She claimed that Rein was only following Reid, and that he needed to step up. If he didn't, then he would end up getting killed, or worse. Rein tried explaining that they were favoring Reid, but she hit him and told him to grow up.

Rein would end up on the streets with no reputation. His name would be useless for him in the future. If he didn't get his act together soon, they would kick him to the curb. This was what ran through his head on a daily basis.

Rein became even more estranged from his family. His jobs within the Mafia dwindled down to none.

His father tried to get his head back to where it was, but the damage was done.

A few months after his father exploded on him, Rein finally fought back. He had gathered a large group on his own terms and sent them after his family. He was nearby watching the fighting, grinning at the screaming.

At the end of the battle, his father was lying in his own blood, while his mother laid by him dying. Even when faced with death, she wanted her mate. Rein came from his spot and watched her last breath. He went and ordered the rouges to find his brother. Before they could, Rein heard a car pull up.

His brother had came back.

Reid had stepped out of the car and glared at his brother. Rein smirked at him in a taunting manner, daring him to do something.

Reid shifted and went for his younger brother. His dark brown fur glistened in the sun, and Rein moved to the side. He shifted as well and shook out his charcoal gray fur.

They lunged at each other snarling. Rein dodged more attacks while rolling to the side. Reid went for his neck, but missed. The battle went on until Reid bit down on Reins back leg. Rein tried to get away, but Reid got him by the neck.

He twisted his head and ripped into his brothers neck deeper. Rein let out a low snarl and managed to get free. Reid watched his younger brother withdrawal into the forest. The rouges followed after him quickly.

Rein didn't look back once while running, but promised to get him back.

Rein chuckled to himself before shaking away the memories. It has been years since then, and he was far stronger then his brother now. He wet his lips and glared at the door.

The members of his group smelled the air as a new female scent became present. He growled as overbearing perfume followed after it.

"You all know the rules."

The female stepped in and smiled at his group. Rein rubbed his palm and tried to calm himself down. The woman stopped in front of him as he moved from the window. He felt his fangs grow at her behavior. She held herself as if she was in charge, and his wolf wasn't pleased.

The other rouges were talking to themselves quietly, but Rein knew they were paying attention. The woman began shaking and he smirked to himself. After asking what she wanted, the woman slid back her hood. Rein noticed her red painted nails and wondered why all women chose that color. His eyes slid down her body but stopped as she chuckled.

She proposed the offer of information, but only if he killed an Omega for her. He felt his anger rise and ended up ripping her head back by the hair. She flinched as his teeth grazed her neck, and he noticed her pheromones became laced with fear.

"You do not make the rules here Beta."

She nodded and he watched her swallow hard.

They continued the conversation and she told him who it was. She also told him that Yuki was connected to Reid. Rein snarled at his brothers name.

"How do you know that he is connected to him?"

Marie explained that her ex-husband dealt with him before with work. She had tried to find Yuki one day, and noticed the address was familiar. When she looked it up, it was then that she realized Yuki was hanging out there frequently.

"And something just happened to him, so I'm sure that he would go running to them for help and security."

Rein tried getting more information from her, but she knew what she was doing.

She wanted to know they had a deal before saying anything more. Rein did admit to himself that she was smart.

Marie watched him as he nodded. They were sitting across from each other at a table. The rouges had left them alone earlier, and Marie relaxed slightly. Rein grinned at her foolish behavior.

She was sitting in front of an Alpha, and a rouge one at that.

"If this Yuki is friends with Reid, then I have no problem killing him. I need to make a plan in order to get them all though."

Marie nodded quickly and handed him a folder. It had different things in it, and he smiled. Marie left, but Rein didn't watch her leave.

He was more focused on how he was going to drag his brother straight down into hell.