Chapter 38

Warning: blood

Yuki sighed and stuck his head in his elbow. He had been running around all day with Luka and Hana. They went to the zoo, and then the park, and finally went to eat.

Of course, he ate wherever they went, but could help the hunger eating at him.

He scanned the restaurant for Luka and found him helping Hana with a machine. She came running back to him with a little stuffed rabbit and smiled.

"Daddy helped me with the game Momma. He's good at it."

Yuki nodded and watched her climb into the booth. He had been feeling depressed lately with his labor date approaching. Lula was trying to make him feel better, but there was only so much he could do.

Hana asked him something and Yuki asked her to repeat it. She pouted and he sighed.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm just a little tired. You and Luka did help me a lot today with keeping me distracted."

She peeked up at the praise and giggled.

"I'm glad I could help you, Momma. I know we just started being a family, but I want to help you as much as I can."

Yuki smiled and noticed Luka approaching. He sat next to Yuki and asked what they were talking about. Hana updated him as Yuki looked at the menu.

The food arrived and they ate. Yuki finished first and had two slices of cake. He saw Hana yawn and nudged Luka. He glanced at her and then nodded to Yuki.

"Are you ready for a nap Hana?"

She straightened her body out and shook her head. Yuki stifled a laugh with his hand and tapped Luka to let him out of the booth. He stepped out and picked Hana up from her seat. Luka paid and followed them out to the car.

Once Hana was buckled in, she fell asleep. Yuki shook his head at her before laughing. Luka asked what was funny.

"I never got how people fall asleep so quickly. Children and adults alike."

Luka kissed his forehead and told him to get in the car. Luka drove them out today, and Yuki got in the passenger seat.

They started the drive home in silence. Luka suggested the radio, but Yuki declined.

"Don't want to wake Hana up."

Luka said he understood and focused on the road. He glanced at Yuki from time to time to make sure he was alright and smiled to see him falling asleep as well. He wished he could take a picture of him and sighed.

Yuki stirred from his half-asleep state and looked out the window. He looked at Luka and rubbed his eyes.

Lula watched him before looking back at the road. He furrowed his brows at him and asked what was wrong.

"I got gas pains."

Lula sighed deeply and asked if he was alright. Yuki scrunched his face up for a moment before relaxing. He smiled at Luka before he apologized.

"I'm better now."

Luka chuckled and told him he was glad. He looked to Yuki once more before he decided he was okay. Yuki told him to stop staring at him weirdly.

"I have to make sure your okay. If something was wrong then I have to know."

He turned his head and frowned at Yuki. Yuki huffed and crossed his arms.

He was silent for a while until Yuki suddenly screamed out. Luka whipped his head to the road and saw it too late.

A car was coming straight at them, and they crashed into each other.

Luka watched the black car speed away and groaned out. He felt blood running down his face, and all he heard was ringing in his ears.

He was sure the car was from a rival faction and would have to talk his father later. Right now he had to make sure Hana and Yuki were okay.

Luka turned his head slowly and called out for Yuki. Even though the ringing prevented him from hearing anything, he wanted to let them know he was alive.

Luka saw the airbag in front of Yuki, and then the blood.

Yuki's face was covered in cuts from the smashed windshield, and the airbag forced the glass into his face.

His hearing finally came back and he heard the horn going off. Hana was screaming in the back, but Luka couldn't speak. His focus was getting to Yuki.

He undid he seatbelt as fast as he could. His arms were cut up but he didn't stop to check them. He got out and went to Yuki's side.

The car hit them head on so the door wasn't hit. He grabbed the handle and pulled the door open. It snapped off from the force and fell to the ground.

Luka called out his mate's name over and over again. He checked his pulse and pulled his hand away after finding it. It was faint but stop there. He glanced at his hand and saw the blood.

Luka looked around and saw people watching them. Someone yelled that they were calling for an ambulance and Luka nodded.

He didn't know who he was nodding to but felt he needed to.

He heard the sirens and felt Yuki's pulse again. He found it and took a breath. He didn't even realize he was holding his breath in.

Hana cried out Luka's name and he moved to her. The door opened easily and he grabbed her. She wasn't injured like Yuki, just scared.

Hana asked if Yuki was okay. Luka couldn't answer her. She started crying again and tried to get LuKa to put her down. He tightened his grip on her and told her to stay still.

She told him to get Yuki out and he said he couldn't.

"He might be injured worse than I know. If I pull him put then I might hurt him more. The ambulance is here so just stay calm."

She nodded and turned to the approaching vehicles. The paramedics rushed to Yuki when Luka told them he was fine. More came and checked him and Hana out quickly.

They only found small cuts and bruises. They pulled Yuki out and put him on a gurney.

Luka struggled to breathe as Yuki laid there unresponsive. He heard Hana tell them that they need to help the babies. They asked if he was pregnant, and he nodded slowly.

He didn't miss the look they all shared and allowed them to lead him to the ambulance. Luka held Hana as they made their way to the hospital.

The siren screamed in his ear the entire way there. They went inside and Luka was seated in the waiting room. He didn't remember Mark or his father arriving. Hana squirmed in his lap and he broke out of his trance.

Luka looked up and saw his father. He said nothing and sat down next to him. Luka sniffled once before suddenly breaking down. Hana went to Mark and sat with him as Luka cried. Reid held onto him and he glared into the floor.

He didn't know what was going to happen to Yuki.

But he knew what was going to happen next.