Chapter 2

Gabby is in her little art studio painting away when her dog begins to bark as a gentleman calls out to her.

"I'm sorry but the store is back through that way, this area is private" she tells the gentleman while calming her dog.

"I'm sorry but I'm not a customer. I'm here on official business as an FBI agent. I'm Agent Martinez, are you Gabrielle Silcio?" Mateo asked her.

She felt her palms get sweaty thinking about the jokes about the FBI watching you through your social media and wondering if she is being busted for something she said.

"Ah..what can I do for you?" she asked trying to play it cool.

"Let me get my partner back here she's talking to your employee, and then is there somewhere we can sit and talk?" he asked Gabby.

"Oh uh..sure. My desk is just over there, and I'll get 2 seats for you both." She told him. She grabbed chairs for the agents while he grabbed his partner. She also brought her dog upstairs to her apartment.

She reentered her studio/office when he walked back in with his partner. Agent Martinez introduced his partner to Gabby as Agent Stein as they took their seats at her desk.

"May I ask what this is all about?" Gabby asked the agents. 

 "Of course, we're going to explain what we can but as it's an ongoing investigation we can't go into too much," Agent Stein informed her.

 "Ok, I understand. So, what can you tell me?" she asked the agents. 

 "The agency is investigating a serial killer and unfortunately you are on his radar. He's going after women posting on the same blog as you. We need to know if you noticed anything strange?" Agent Stein asked Gabby. 

 "Let's back up to that whole I'm on his radar thing...I can't be the only one in New Orleans posting on the site! How did you narrow it down to me? Or am I just one of many you're warning is on his radar?" she asked the agents feeling understandably scared.

"We know for a fact that it's you and only you in the city on that blog that he's targeting but we can't tell you how we know. I'm sorry to worry you but it's for the best that you are worried. It'll help you to notice things you wouldn't have otherwise noticed." Agent Martinez informed her. 

 "I see, I don't know how much you looked into me but I'm a pretty paranoid person for a good reason. I have constant nightmares which is what I blog about. It's my dream diary basically. Which I'm sure you know at least that much about me. So, if he was currently coming after me, I think I'd notice but no nothing out of the ordinary has occurred recently." Gabby informed the agents. 

 "Ok, that's all we need to know. It's good that you aren't in your shop alone. Try to make sure that you always have an employee working here during your shop hours, so you aren't alone. Do you live alone?" Agent Martinez asked. 

 "Guess I can't tell you it's not your business because this is such a time when it definitely is. Yes, yes, I live alone. Definitely single as fuck. Ah I'm sorry...that last part probably was TMI." Gabby answered while mentally facepalming herself. 

 "Good to know. I don't notice much security. You may want to get that. Cameras and alarm system. I know someone if you need a suggestion." Agent Martinez informed her while fighting his smile of amusement.

Agent Martinez handed her his card and informed her to call him anytime if she notices anything or would like the name of his security guy. She thanked both agents and walked them back into the shop and towards the shop's door.

After they left her employee immediately began peppering her with questions.

"Calm down, everything is ok! However, I'm not supposed to be alone so later I want to meet with you to see if there is anything we can edit on your schedule. Also, on that note we're going to lunch at the same time, so we'll have to just close the shop for an hour. I'm going to go call my bestie and see if she can meet up. If she's ready now, then we'll be going to lunch soon." Gabby informed her employee and then walked back into her office/studio.

Once back in her studio she immediately dialed her bestie. Gabby has known her bestie since they were both four years old, and they usually meet up for lunch at least once a week.

"NICOLE. We need to talk ASAP. Lunch ok today like meeting right now??" Gabby instantly launched into it without even a hello.

"Well, hello to you too. And sure, I don't have any appointments now. Is Taqueria Corona good? I'm hankering for their cebollitas." Nicole answered. 

 "Sorry, and yes that sounds great." Gabby told her.

After finishing the call Gabby returned to her employee and asked if she wanted to join them at Taqueria Corona. Her employee turned her down for plans with her boyfriend. Gabby flipped the sign on the door to closed for lunch and locked the store up.