Chapter 65

On Wednesday afternoon we met up at Mateo's house with Maria, Lindsey, Nicole, and William. We had my Saints ice chest filled with ice and food and drinks. We had a jug of Mardi Gras mash from a daquiri shop. We also had plenty of bags to hold catches in. We took our things and chairs to the route and setup our party spot. Plenty of people already had spots picked along St Charles and were partying already. We filled our cups with the daquiri mix when we overheard the Cupid Shuffle start up. Maria, Nicole, and I all squealed and rushed over to the group with the music and started doing the Cupid Shuffle with the group as more people joined us. This was always my favorite part of Carnival season and was the magic of it. People just came together. We let go of everything and get along. We dance with strangers and befriend strangers and just have a good time. I feel like New Orleans is like this year round but the magic of this feeling in the city increases during the Carnival season.

We passed the hours having a good time with our new group of friends. Sharing food, drinks, and dancing. Nighttime fell and the beginning of the parade finally reached us. I reminded my girls that not this one but the next would be Nyx and the goal was the purses. During the Druids parade we caught a lot of beads and trinkets and food. We shoved things in our bags and ate our moon pies.

A/N: Moon Pies!!  YUM

Finally, the Nyx floats began reaching us and the crowd grew. The important part of our parades are the marching bands and second are the special catches. The crowds definitely have favorites for marching bands and one of the favorites is the all-boys school St Aug. I have yet to be blessed by one of their true performances. I've seen them perform in the parades, but they do true performances at different areas of the route. They will dance and go all out while playing their instruments. That's what I haven't seen that I've been waiting to catch.

I was pondering this when I saw a purse come flying towards me. I sparked into action diving in front of others and caught it. 

"Ok that's one of us!! Now it's on you two to get your purses!" I squealed in excitement. By the end of the parade we were all lucky to get the Nyx purses. We hauled our stuff back to Mateo's before he had me climb on him for a piggyback ride to my place as I was pretty drunk. He put me in bed and took care of Shadow like the good boyfriend he is before joining me in bed.

Killer's POV:

As usual Jeff watched them all dayand couldn't believe how easy his plan was going to work. They were definitely letting their guardsdown during carnival season. He stoodright before Agent Martinez and wasn't noticed. He admired his angel's happiness as she caught the purse. Enjoy it while you can my angel because verysoon I'll set you free, so you'll never have to feel fear again.

A/N: I shall break down the rules of Carnival Season for y'all:

1.Being assholes not allowed, only good times are rolling this time of year!

2.  Beads are easy no need to flash or picking them up off the ground.  That's gutter stuff you'll get 50 lbs of beads by the end of the parade so no need to pick up off the ground.

3.  For the love of all that's holy ALWAYS PAY ATTENTION when a float is passing.  I shit you not they look for who isn't paying attention and will nail you right in your face with beads and IT HURTS.  PAY ATTENTION.  As locals we know this and we still get nailed.  I get nailed.  lol.  Pay attention!

4.  There are special catches!!  There's special catches and then there's the rare catches.  Special catches are anything that isn't a bead.  Doubloons, masks, stuffed animals, etc.  But the rare catches are the ones that certain Krewes are known for.  Nyx decorates purses like the one I caught at the top.  Muses  does shoes.  Zulu does coconuts.

5.  Mostly?  Just have fun.  Laissez les bon temps rouler!  Let the good times roll!

Any locals read this want to chime off with their rules feel free!!