Chapter 47

Agent Martinez POV

Agent Martinez and Agent Stein rushed into their Director's office. 

 "What's going on?" Agent Martinez asked. 

 "We have a manhunt going on for the Nightmare Killer as we speak. We might have him. Finally. He fucked up big time. His victim in St Louis is a Leah Havers. She is working three jobs to survive so as you can imagine she can't afford a camera system or security system. On her own she came up with a plan to have only one pair of earrings for him to steal so she'd know she was next if they ended up missing. When she got home yesterday, they were gone. In fact that fucker replaced them with an expensive pair. He couldn't help himself as the only pair she had were cheap. They set up a sting operation. The Agents on the case were waiting for him on Friday when he showed up. One was shot but will survive. This happened not that long ago so there's currently a man hunt going on for him. Chances are slim that he will get away." Our Director said.  

"Here's hoping." Agent Stein said.

After my day at the office ended, I was finally able to leave work and rush to Gabby's. I burst into her home about to call out that we might have the killer when I saw someone I didn't know. Standing in the living room was a beautiful older Filipino woman. 

 "Oh you must be Aunt Gwendolyn. Gabby told me you were coming." I said shaking her hand. The woman laughed. 

 "Gwendolyn is my sister. She hasn't arrived yet. I'm Jeanie though everyone calls my J-Bird." Jeanie said returning his handshake. 

 "It's nice to meet you. I'm Gabby's boyfriend Mateo." I said. At that moment Gabby rushed out of her bedroom with a packed back.

 "Hello lovebug! I see you met my Aunt Jeanie." She said giving him a peck on his lips. 

 "I did. I confused her for the Aunt you said was coming." I teased. 

 "Hey! I didn't know either. It was a surprise for me as well." Gabby said.

"That's our bad. I was playing it by ear if I'd be able to come. Speaking of surprises I didn't know you were seeing someone. Someone serious enough that they have their own key." Jeanie teased. I watched Gabby blush and rub the back of her neck. 

 "Ah yes. It's pretty new. Anyways, I changed the bedding for you both, so you'll have clean sheets and such." Gabby said rapidly changing the topic. 

 "Ouch. The love of my life hasn't told her family about me. It hurts and she's trying to change the topic too, so she doesn't have to address it. I might need a doctor for the pain in my heart." I said as I dramatically clutched at my heart. Gabby was saved by a knock at the door at that moment.

Gab's POV

I rushed to the door to let my Aunt Gwendolyn in. Anything to get out of that awkward moment. I opened the door and threw my arms around my aunt. 

 "Hey Aunt Gwendolyn! It's great to see you. Aunt Jeanie is already here. Come meet my boyfriend who will be joining us for dinner." I said with a smile. 

 "A boyfriend?" Aunt Gwendolyn asked as she followed me to the living room. 

 "Double ouch. You haven't told anyone in your family?" Mateo said still clutching his heart. 

 "Oh lay off it. My brother knows, ok?" I said as I smacked his arm. 

 "Aunt Gwendolyn this is my boyfriend, Mateo. Mateo this is my Aunt Gwendolyn." I said. 

 "You're very good looking. I see that my niece has good taste." Aunt Gwendolyn said as she gave Mateo a hug. 

 "Thank you. I can see where mi Corazon gets her good looks from after meeting both of you." Mateo said. 

 "Oh look at him J-Bird. A smooth talker." Gwendolyn said. "And apparently our niece is the love of his life." Jeanie said. 

 "Really? When's the wedding?" Gwendolyn asked.

"Do you see what you've done with your overdramatic act?" I whispered to Mateo. 

 "I didn't see this coming I must admit. We might be in over our heads." Mateo whispered back. 

"You think?" I whispered back. 

 "Not for a minute Aunt Gwendolyn. We've only been together since October. We have discussed moving in together this spring though when my brother moves back. One step at a time." I said with a smile. 

 "I'm going to go freshen up and then we can head to dinner." Gwendolyn said.

My aunts both wanted Come Back In so we headed into Metairie for dinner. Once at a table Mateo begged for embarrassing stories explaining how his own mom threw him under the bus giving me all kinds of stories. 

 "ONE. She gave me one story!" I said. "One story too many. Spill!" Mateo begged. 

 "I don't know if you'd consider it embarrassing but the girl attracts things that bite and stings. I don't know what it is about her. She got attacked by fire ants more than once when she was young. I mean attacked as in every inch of her was covered in them. The amount of times one of us or our mom had to hose her off. Then one time she went down a slide which of course had a wasp nest under it. She was stung by the entire nest. Back in the  90's we had a camp house we owned in MS by the gulf. We took all the kids to the beach and she managed to get stung on her back by a jellyfish. I'm telling you. If it bites or stings it will get her." Gwendolyn said. 

 "I think I'm allergic to fire ants now too. A few years ago I got bit by a single one on my foot and my foot broke out and was so itchy. Bastards." I grumbled to myself. Mateo burst into laughter. 

"So protect her from bugs and jellyfish gotcha." Mateo said. 

 "Oh and birds!" Jeanie said. 

 "Oh yes, the birds!" Gwendolyn said. 

 "That is both herself and her brother that have bad luck with birds. She's been shat on by them so many times. I think everyone experiences it at least once, but she's had it happen multiple times. Once she'd gotten her makeup done professionally and had one poop on her. Hit her right on her forehead. Her brother had a seagull steal his food right out of his hands when he wasn't looking. He turned his head back and took a bite of air." Jeanie said laughing so hard with Gwendolyn. Mateo joined in the laughter. 

 "This is so unfair. I'm going to have to get more ammo from your mom." I said with a pout. After dinner I went to Mateo's home while my Aunt's went to the concert that they came into town for.

Killer's POV

Jeff drove all day and reached New Orleans at 2 am. He packed all of his stuff and stuck it in his new car. He left them a new note to let them know they missed him again. Then he got in his car and drove back to Tennessee. His new alias that he bought the car to has a home in Nashville. He hated being that far from Gabrielle, but it is what it is. He thought Lauren was the only one he had to worry about. Turns out he underestimated the little 18 year old. He had to admit he was proud of her. He was mad though because he knew the FBI would have learned from Lauren. There was no way they'd leave her side until they had him. So he'd have to give up on Leah. He'd have to replace her with one of the fake victims which is unfortunate as they were weren't worthy of rescuing. He shook his head and focused on driving.

A/N:  Sadly, those stories are true.  I have the worst fucking luck with fire ants, wasps, birds, jelly fish.  I've been stung by jelly fish more than once since my childhood.  And yess with the birds shitting on me.  Fucking A.  🤣😭