Chapter 23

"Butterfly wakey wakey." I heard an annoying voice tell me. "Ugh. Go away. It's not time. It's too early." I grumbled putting my pillow over my head. "It's a good thing I looked over your Spotify account." Mateo said as I started to hear Wakey Wakey by NCT 127. "I also have water and Tylenol here for you. Take this and you should be fine by the time the game kicks off." Mateo said. I pulled my head out from under my pillow and look at the time on my phone. "If I take this will you let me sleep until the game comes on?" I asked giving puppy dog eyes. "Only because you're my Corazon. I'll go get us food too." Mateo said. "Fried chicken, fries, and the meat pies!!! The perfect hangover recipe s'ils vous plait mon Coeur!!" I said with sudden energy. "I now know the secret to waking you apparently. Fine Don's it is. I'll be back in time for the game." Mateo said giving me a kiss on my forehead.

By the time Mateo came back with the lifesaving food I had my place open up to the beautiful weather outside and the tv tuned to the game day channel. "Pierre Thomas jersey today?" Mateo asked. 

 "Yep, I never wear one of the current players jersey on game day. I could be bad luck for said player. So I will only wear former players jersey. Plus, it's the first game with Breesus back from his injury so I can't take any chances." I said as I lit my Saint Blanche candle. It was in that moment that Mateo realized he was no longer falling for this ridiculous, cute girl but he was in love with her. "I'm nervous. I've seen how in practice Brees shakes his hand. His thumb is still bothering him." I said with a frown. 

 "He'll be fine love. It's 5 minutes to kickoff so let's get this food setup." Mateo said. 

 "Is that...the hangover cure? The cure of all cures a bloody Mary??" I asked with hope in my eyes. 

 "Yes, I made an extra stop just for you." Mateo said. 

 "You love me! You love me, love me, love me. It's truuuuuueeeeee!!" I exclaimed doing an excited dance as I took my bloody Mary. Mateo froze considering he'd only just realized that himself. "You ok? I'm only teasing." I said as I poke his cheek.

"So what happened between you and Remy?" Mateo asked during halftime. 

 "What brought that on?" I asked. 

 "He may have said something when you went to the bathroom last night." Mateo said. I frowned. 

 "Nothing happened. He just ghosted me. He came over and wasn't feeling well. I took care of him. The next day I left him in my bed to go to work. I didn't want to wake him since he wasn't feeling well. By the time I got home from work he was gone. And I never heard from him or saw him again." I said with a shrug. 

 "I think he wants you back. The way he came up after our duet to tell me that I did a great job but avoided saying anything to you was odd. Then when you went to the bathroom, he sought me out to talk to me. Asking how long we've been together and such." Mateo said. 

 "Well, I'm all yours. You know that you're all I want, right?" I asked looking at him with inquisitive eyes. 

 "I do now. Who knew falling in love would make you have insecure moments." Mateo said. I froze. Mateo looked at my wide eyes and chuckled. He leaned over and kissed me. "Not going to freak out on me, are you?" Mateo asked. 

 "No, of course not. That's the guy's job isn't it?" I scoffed while maybe slightly panicking on the inside.

The second Mateo went to the bathroom I was texting Nicole. Who told me to stop freaking out and its obvious Agent Hottie is in love with me. "Ok, I'm good." I said to myself. 

 "Glad to know. I'll let Shadow out so I'm back in time for the second half." Mateo said interrupting my talk with myself. 

 "You're the best. I guess I'll fall in love with you too." I said. 

 "It's adorable that you think you weren't already falling." Mateo said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and rushed to the bathroom so I could also be back in time for the second half.

"Did you SEE the greatness of Brees return?? BREESUS HAS RETURNED. LOVEBUG DID YOU SEE THAT GAME? 31 to 9!! He slayed like he missed not a single game." I gloated. 

 "I was right here next to you watching the game butterfly." Mateo said laughing. We could hear people outside cheering and celebrating so we went out on the balcony to join in with our city. This city is always so alive, but it was even more alive with the joy of the return of Brees. "Is there anywhere more magical to live?" Mateo asked. 

 "I don't think so." I said with certainty. 

 "And there's the 2nd line that always follows the Saints win or lose." Mateo said. We began dancing to the beat that is the magic of this city.

Killer's POV

I bet they're expecting another victim after Halloween weekend. The joke is on them to think I'd live up to their expectations. There is only one person who this weekend could have belonged to. My sweet Gabrielle. But because I can't live up to their expectations, I couldn't give her the weekend she deserves. There's also the fact that I want her to be my last. She deserves no less I thought as I watched her dancing on her balcony. I would easily compare her to a goddess as she moves with ease to whatever beats she's hearing. He looked at the screen that shows his next victim. I'll take her out next weekend. Then I'll have Gabrielle during carnival season. It's also equally fitting as Halloween. She's like a goddess and they name their krewes after Greek gods. Hmm, maybe this is even more fitting than Halloween. Yes, I feel positive about this decision. Jeff went to pack for his trip with a spring in his step.