Chapter 66

The Krewe of Muses special item to get are their designed shoes and once again my Krewe and I were able to get our shoes. 

 That was a great night but now it's officially the weekend leading into Mardi Gras which means a whole lot of drinking, little sleep, and partying

 That was a great night but now it's officially the weekend leading into Mardi Gras which means a whole lot of drinking, little sleep, and partying. It's Friday and tonight we have the Krewe of Hermes, Krewe D'Etat, and finally the Krewe of Morpheus. At this point we're all in Mateo's place with our pets since there was no reason to go home since we weren't going to get much sleep. Mateo's neighbors on the other side of his duplex through a nonstop party leading up to Mardi Gras which we're all invited too.

Mateo's neighbors are great guys along with their friends. One of the neighbor's was PJ who made the best chili I've ever had. We were all munching down on it as we waited for the parades to start. 

"So how long have you been with our boy Mat?" Patrick asked. "We started seeing each other in September so now that we're in February it's been five months." I said as I smiled happily. I asked PJ about him and his girl who was just the sweetest thing. He told me how they've been together for years, but she lives in Baton Rouge where she attends LSU. I found out both boys were from Baton Rouge and moved here for work.

It was getting dark and we could hear the music, so we knew the parades were approaching. We went out to St Charles where some of our party was already at guarding our spot on the route. I caught up with some of the people I befriended on the route a couple days before. I was annoyed to see the family near me that were letting their children do whatever. They would even let their son yell at the young girls in the parade incredibly inappropriate things about the young girl's breasts. I couldn't believe their parents were just ignoring the boy's behavior. The night before Mateo had to drag me away when I started causing a scene. 

"I swear to Morpheus if that boy says something tonight you won't be able to drag me away lovebug. You better do something about them." I said as I glared at the family. The mother of the brat saw me and sniffed at me turning her nose up as she looked away. I shot her back my middle finger. Mateo sighed deeply as he pinched his nose. 

"You're choosing Morpheus to swear to because that's the god honored in tonight's parades?" Maria asked in an amused tone. 

"Exactly. You get me." I said cheekily. 

"I do which is why when you attack the parents tonight I'll be helping." Maria said. 

"Count the third musketeer in. We'll teach that brat a lesson he'll never forget." Nicole said as she narrowed her eyes at the family. 

"I'm just glad they don't appear to have a daughter hearing that from her brother." I said.

I breathed in relief when Morpheus reached us as it was now night and the best floats are the night ones with all the pretty light designs. I caught a whole bag of glittery Morpheus masks in the Mardi Gras colors. I quickly put a purple one on and passed the masks around our party.