Chapter 33

I planned on staying in the studio and only coming to the shop's floor if it was really busy. Last night was just too emotionally draining for me to deal with people. But last night was the perfect ammo for painting. Last night gave me a new idea for a portrait so I grabbed a blank canvas and got to work. I suppose that was one silver lining to last night. I hummed along to Blooming Day by EXO-CBX as I painted. I paused for a moment grabbing my phone to text my fellow Ghouligan Girls to let them know that Mateo would be there tonight but that he'd be hiding so it would still be a girl's night. Maria already understood from Lindsey, so she needed no explanation. Nicole though was obviously concerned and said she'd be stopping by for lunch and would bring the food. Maria said she'd stop by too for moral support.

Agent Martinez POV

"None of the ladies on the Nightmare Killer's list recognized him. What about Gabrielle Silcio?" The Director asked. Mateo paused before answering to frown at that piece of information. 

"That's not good. Gabby recognized him. She said he's been to her shop a lot buying artwork from her." Agent Martinez stated still frowning at that. 

 "According to flights he only visited the ladies once. So that makes sense because he's had a lot of flights to New Orleans. I'm guessing that means he has a favorite among his ladies." The Director said and also frowned. 

"It's a good thing I stepped up her protection then. I spoke with my friend who owns the security company that armed her home. He removed the camera system from her smart system. It's only connected to his company now. Which doesn't mean it's inaccessible to hackers because I highly doubt anything is. However, they will be able to see if there's someone else viewing and then kick them off. Additionally, there will be someone monitoring her cameras 24/7." Agent Martinez said. 

"Very good Agent." The Director said with pride in her eyes. 

"How is Gabby doing?" Agent Stein asked with concern. 

"She feels violated understandably so." Agent Martinez answered with a clenched jaw. 

"His image is being released to the news this evening. So wherever he's hiding hopefully someone will recognize him. That's all Agents. Get back to work." The Director said and the Agents went back to their office.

Killer's POV

Jeff decided to up the game now that he's been revealed. No need to hide that he knows about Agent Martinez. He has the Agent's phone number from hacking his angel's phone. He hacked a phone from someone in Alaska and sent Agent Martinez a text message.

Unknown: Hello Agent. You've messed with the wrong woman as that one belongs to me. Now I'll have to take care of you because one should never mess with something that isn't theirs to touch. Besides if I kill you then there will be no one in my way when I take the sweet Angel that is Gabrielle Silcio. She will be mine. I will save her in a way that you never can. You've signed your death certificate, so you better get your affairs in order.

Agent Martinez: Good luck with that.

That's it?? That's all he had to say. That confident bastard. It'll feel good to kill him. Jeff was pissed as he fumed. He decided it was as good a time as any to relieve his anger. He didn't want to do it in New Orleans and tip his hand. So he decided it was a good time for a vacation. He packed and began driving to Florida.

Mateo's POV

That mother fucker, Mateo thought as he read the text again. He left the office immediately and drove to his friend's security office. He marched into the building and asked Michael's secretary if he was with anyone. When she said no, he didn't wait for her to say anything else and strode into Michael's office. "Hey man, what's up?" Michael asked as he looked up from his computer. Mateo threw his phone to Michael.