Chapter 52

Agent Martinez POV

"Agent Chadwick told me that the nightmare killer legit sent every single St Louis news station a message exposing Leah Haver's mother. He really does see himself as the savior of these women. He's just so moral." Agent Stein mocked as she gossiped with her partner in their office. I looked up from my computer. 

"Why couldn't he save these ladies by going after the cause for their nightmares?" I said not really meaning it of course. I am an Agent of the FBI. I'd never ever believe in vigilante behavior. 

"Right? But in his head, this is how to save the women." Agent Stein said rolling her eyes. 

"More fuel for my shrink." I said with a roll of my eyes as my partner laughed.

Gabby's POV

"Ok my little Cinderellas!! Let's get to work!" I called out as I unlocked the front door to my dad's house. We went inside and I turned on the lights. I pulled out my phone and started the music before I began pulling sheets off the furniture. Nicole and Maria went to different rooms to do the same. 

"This is a nice place." Maria called out. 

"Yes, definitely needs updated as it hasn't been since the early 90's but it's a good house. It did fine during Katrina. My maw-maw only had to repair the roof and fence. So it's held up just fine for being built in the 50's. But y'know homes from back then and older were built to last not like today's construction." I answered. Once the sheets were removed from the furniture in the rooms that would be used we went about dusting and sweeping the floors.

The cleaning was all done so now it was time to decorate which means getting the decorations. This is the part I hate every year. I pulled the string opening the door in the ceiling and pulling the ladder down. 

"If you hear screams please remember me. I want a cheerful funeral." I said as I started heading up. 

"She gives that speech every year. Sometimes squirrels get into the attic and she has an intense fear of them." Nicole explained to Maria. 

"But they're squirrels. They're cute. They just want nuts to move your butt." Maria said. 

"Have you never watched the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?? THEY ARE MONSTERS." I said sticking my head down to say that. Then I disappeared back into the attic. I looked around nervously. 

"Bastards better not be in here." I muttered to myself.

I began grabbing boxes and handing them down. Finally, I grabbed the last one that held the Christmas tree. As I was sliding it down the steps, I heard the chitter of a squirrel. I squealed and let go of the tree as I began coming down after it. I heard a scream from the bottom but had not a care as I flew down the steps. At the bottom I kicked the box to the side and quickly folded the steps up and shut the door into the ceiling. 

"You almost killed me with the Christmas tree!!" Nicole said with her hands on her hips. 

"Look it was either you or me. There was a squirrel up there. I chose me." I said with a shrug. 

"The betrayal!" Nicole said with a hand to her heart. 

"You had Maria to pull you out of the way! I HAD NO ONE!" I said. 

"And pull her out of the way I did. You had someone. You had the squirrel." Maria snickered. We opened the box with the tree and began assembling it. Once we were done, we decorated it and the rest of the house. Finally, I went outside and put the green and red laser light in the ground. I made sure it faced the house and plugged it in. I turned it on to make sure the laser show hit the house right and then turned it off.