Chapter 28

Killer's POV

Jeff settled at his desk to plan his next moves and check up on his ladies. He had to admit that it was fun slaughtering those three prostitutes. He had a lot of anger to work out after having his prey taken away from him. Not that he's going to take an L on that. He will get her eventually. Next victim is in Chicago. Instead of sending her a secret admirer gift I'll send one to another victim to throw them off. The victim in Chicago will just get her gifts in person when I take her that way, they won't see me coming. Jeff also went on the blog site and left comments on new girls that weren't really being added to his list as they were bores undeserving of his attention. But if the FBI realize he killed everyone but his prize then they'll put her in a safe house to keep her safe knowing that he's coming because there's no one else. So they need to think there's others. He sent the same messages to the field offices in the cities of the girls who aren't really on his list. He cracked his knuckles feeling satisfied with himself and his planning.

Agent Martinez POV

"A new update on the Nightmare Killer. San Francisco field office was successful in protecting their target. There were three prostitutes who were raped and murdered that we feel certain was him. He left DNA behind as he must not have felt that we'd connect him. Or just didn't care because we have no DNA to match it to from the cases he does care about. Either way this is the slip up we've been looking for as when we do catch him, we'll have him. Hopefully he's in the system so we can match it and catch him sooner. I suspect he's not because if he was, he wouldn't have left the scenes as he did." The Director told her Agents. 

 "Jesus. He fucked these women up. He must have been really mad that he was kept from his intended victim. This is a game to him, so he doesn't like losing at all. He had to relieve the anger somehow. So I agree that he's likely the killer of these three women." Agent Martinez said.

 "That's it for this meeting. Get back to work and I'll call you if there's any updates." The Director said dismissing her Agents.

Killer's POV

After a lot of planning Jeff decided to strike this week with his Chicago lady. The three prostitutes relieved his anger but not this particular hunger of his to help his ladies. Which not feeding that particular hunger angers him all over again and he knows that he absolutely can't kill in his own territory. That would just be really stupid, and he is not stupid. Jeff was delighted to find upon checking that there was a conference he could attend this week on behalf of his company in Chicago, so he immediately let his company know he'd attend. Then he went shopping online to have a secret admirer gift sent to a future victim in another city so that the Chicago Agents won't see him coming. He happily paid for the fastest shipping so she could get it as soon as possible. He went to his suitcase that he hadn't unpacked to remove dirty clothes and replace with clean. He was glad he never unpacked so he was all ready to roll tomorrow morning.