Chapter 30

Killer's POV

Jeff woke after a restful sleep. It was 10 in the morning so he knew he should be safe to break into Lauren's place. He checked her security feed and didn't see any sign of her. He checked her phone whose GPS showed she was at work. He dressed and quickly went to her home. He hacked her system to loop what it was currently showing which was that nothing was happening, no one breaking in. He then hacked the lock on the front door as it was set up with a Smart system. He familiarized himself with the home. Then he went to Lauren's bedroom and found her jewelry. He perused over it before selecting the most elegant pair of earrings and stuck them in his pocket. Once that was done, he moved under her bed to wait patiently for her to come home.

Agent Martinez POV

"I was right that the gift to the Memphis lady didn't lead to him. Apparently, Avery's ghost purchased the gift as it was her credit card that was used. I really hate this bastard." The Director said. 

 "Serial killers are smart, but they always ALWAYS slip up eventually. He's going to fucking slip up. I feel it. He has to." Agent Martinez said in frustration. 

 "You're correct. They always do. When he does the FBI will be there to get him. You're dismissed. I'll call you when I have anything else." The Director said.

Killer's POV

Jeff heard her arrive home and felt himself get hard with excitement. She's played this game so excellently but she's going to fail now. If he wasn't saving himself for Gabrielle, he'd reward her with a good fuck but alas he was saving himself for his prize. Gabrielle was the reward he deserved for helping all these ladies. He decided to get rough with Lauren for thinking she could outsmart him. She had to learn that he was better than her. She began immediately stripping when she entered her bedroom which excited him even more. She walked into the bathroom and didn't even shut the door which just made it easier for him. 

 Once he heard her in the shower, he slid out from under the bed very quietly. He grabbed a blunt object and crept into her bathroom. She had her back to him as he approached. She turned right when he reached her. She screamed but it did her no good as he slammed the object on her head. She collapsed into his arms and he carried her to her bed. He felt for her pulse and was glad she was still alive. He figured that hit should keep her out long enough and the use of his drug would keep her out to the point that she wouldn't experience drowning which just wouldn't do. He grabbed rope from his bag and tied her hands behind her back expertly in a knot she'd never be able to undo if she woke early. Then he began to grind on her and pleasure himself and her. He made sure they both had their orgasm. Once he was satisfied, he put tape over her mouth just to make sure she isn't heard.

He made sure to tied, her legs as well and carried her into her garage and deposited her on her backseat. He put his bag into the trunk and then started the car. He drove to the bay. She woke up right when they got there. "Good timing. You've awoken just in time to realize your worst nightmare. You should be glad I'm setting you free. You shouldn't have run." Jeff tsked to her. 

She glared at him since her mouth was taped. He chuckled. "Don't get me hard again because believe me we have time for some more fun." Jeff taunted. Her eyes widened in panic. 

 "Oh please, you didn't get that lucky. I'm saving myself for someone far more important than you. You did get an orgasm though so don't be too sad." Jeff said in a pleased tone. 

 "Never mind all of that though. It's time for you to meet your demise." Jeff said as he got out of the front seat and cut the brake line. He opened the backdoor and dragged her out. He propped her into the front seat so she could appreciate the first class viewing of her death. He jammed the gas pedal and shut the door right as the car shot off towards the cliff. He watched it pick up speed until it flew off the cliff. He rushed to the edge and watched her car hit the water and begin sinking. He'd left one of the earrings with a note that simply said "I win" inside a bag to protect it from the water inside the vehicle. He jogged to where he had hidden his rental car then drove back to his hotel room to get his stuff.

Jeff woke up early on Saturday to finish his Chicago kill. He'd arrived back in Chicago around 2 am. He got some sleep then broke into her place on Friday. He familiarized himself with the layout and got the pair of earrings that he wanted. He felt he was doing really well. He knew on Saturdays she slept in. So he broke in early when she'd still be asleep and injected her with a drug to keep her knocked out. He didn't bother playing with her as she didn't sexually excite him, and he got off enough from Lauren. 

 He stuck his victim into a bag and carried her out to his car. Not that he was worried about being seen it was 4 in the morning, so he doubted anyone was awake. He drove to where he was going to bury her alive. He stuck her in the coffin and sealed it shut. Then lowered it into the hole he'd already dug. After burying the coffin he left back to his hotel to get some more sleep. They wouldn't receive their note with the longitude and latitude of where to find her body until Monday. He knows she'll be long suffocated by then but is flight home isn't until Monday. He wants to make sure he's long gone. 

A/N:  So before I post chapters I triple edit them.  So if you still find mistakes what can I say, I'm human.  This chapter and next however I've only gone over once.  It's after 4 am so I'm a tad tired.  Sorry!