Chapter 25

Killer's POV

Jeff had just finished giving his presentation on hacking in the 21st century and how best to fight it for the conference and was shaking hands with those at the meeting. He was feeling impatient to get out of there already as he felt he was far above those in the conference. He wanted to go shopping for his current amour. Finally after the last handshake he could leave.

Jeff headed straight for a jewelry store. He knew that flowers alone wouldn't be enough for a lady as classy as Lauren. However, once he arrived at the shop, he didn't go in. He realized at that moment the amount of security a jewelry shop will have, and how easily the jewelry could be traced back to the shop. He instead went to a privately owned shop that is the kind that purchases nice pieces and resells them. That way he could buy her a designer outfit and it would basically be untraceable because the designer outfit could have been bought in the actual designer's store, a department store, or even one of those affordable chains like Ross Dress for Less. He found a perfect suit for a lawyer that he knew would fit her perfectly. He knew she would love this. He purchased it and went to a delivery service where he paid in cash to have it delivered so it wouldn't be traced to him. He was wearing nondescript clothing with a hat like he always does when visiting these services. He included a note indicating it was from a secret admirer.

It was unfortunate that his little lawyer couldn't have a job like the Avery. Avery being front desk at a hotel made it easy to see her receive her gifts. He watched from his car as he imagined her delight.

Victim's POV

Lauren was sitting at her desk when her secretary informed her of a delivery. Lauren felt a shiver go through her as her instinct told her it was him. Her instincts screamed that she was right in her feeling from yesterday. She didn't want to get her fingerprints on it. Since her secretary's already were Lauren asked who it was from. When her secretary informed her that it was from a secret admirer Lauren knew and immediately dialed Agent Choi. "This is Agent Choi how may I help you?" Agent Choi said. "Agent Choi, it's me Lauren! I was right. He's here. I received a gift from a secret admirer just now. I'm at my law office." Lauren said in a high-pitched voice indicating just how freaked out the usually calm and collected lawyer was. "Ok, stay where you are. My partner and I are on our way with crime scene techs. We're going to be taking you to a safe room that we already have available for you in case this occurred. I'm glad you called. We'll be there shortly." Agent Choi said.

Killer's POV

Jeff watched as the agents arrived and cursed. He waited until they were out of view to leave the scene so they wouldn't notice him. He knew that they were aware people like him like to hang around, so he knew it was only a matter of time before they canvass the area. He went back to his hotel room pissed off. He hacked Lauren's phone and saw a text message she sent saying she was going to safe room. Now he was even more pissed off because he was going to have to wait until another time to get Lauren. He knew it was be too risky to do it this week. After an hour he calmed down pleased that his game with the FBI was escalating. He already had another plan for when they caught on. He would just kill a couple of prostitutes to make up for this week's failure and soothe his needs.