Chapter 63

Killer's POV

Jeff decided to head on down to New Orleans to watch over Gabrielle and Agent Martinez to learn their routines. There's a little less than two weeks to D Day so it would be smart to know the routines to nail down final details of his plan. When he arrived in New Orleans he walked around and heard some young people talking about how their neighbor left the day before like she does every year during carnival season so they can party as loud as they want. He followed them to their home and watched the homes on either side for signs of life. Once he determined which home was temporarily vacant he broke in. He didn't want to stay in a roach motel for his final woman. He had planned on finding a home near Gabrielle and killing whoever was inside, but this was easier and less messy. It was also nearby so it was perfect.

After monitoring Gabrielle for a couple days Jeff decided the dog she calls Shadow is a problem. He'd kill the dog if necessary, but he didn't want to because she will be grateful to be released from her nightmares but not if her dog is harmed in the process. Jeff only want her admiration not anger because he killed her pet. He could easily get her without her dog being in the way but going into her home to get the earrings were another problem because he'd definitely be there. He'd have to think on this.

That night Jeff googled over the counter medicine that can safely be given to a dog to put them to sleep through a long drive. Jeff then decided against that plan because it would take a few minutes and Jeff needs to be in and out due to the cameras being monitored. He had to get in, get the earrings, and get out back to Gabrielle without getting caught. He would just inject the dog with the same drug he's using on his ladies and hope for the best. If the dog doesn't survive it's not his fault and Gabrielle will know that.

The next evening Jeff followed Gabrielle across the river to a Krav Maga studio. He'll definitely need to take her unaware and use the drug to knock her out. He was definitely right to get here early and follow her and Agent Martinez. He had also noticed that Gabrielle has Agents following her discretely. Which just made this all the more fun when he takes her right from under their noses. He decided on a new plan right then and there to make that easier to happen. He would use the madness of the city during a parade to do it all.

The next day Jeff watched as a delivery happened. It was a bunch of artwork. Curious. Why is she selling someone else's artwork and not her own? Maybe she knows her release is coming so she's preparing for it and not painting anything else. Later that day he heard someone who had been in her shop saying all of her original work has sold out and that she was now selling her brother's work. Jeff wasn't surprised the talent was in her brother as well. He knew there's no way either of them got it from that nightmare of a woman that birthed them. They must have gotten it from their deceased father or someone worthy in their family.

Gabby's POV

Gabrielle has felt like she's being watched which she told Mateo about. She'd been right last time. Honestly you just know you can always feel it when someone has their eyes on you in a room. Gabrielle supposed this was it her time was coming and all she can do is hope she's able to defend herself when the time comes. She went to a food truck for the best tacos she's ever had as dinner for Mateo and herself.

That Thursday Gabrielle met up with girls for trivia like she usually would as she felt like it very well could be her last. 

"Tonight is the night we'll get first place. I can feel it. It's in the air." I told my best ghoulies. 

"We can do it!" Maria said in her best impression of Rob Schneider from Adam Sandler movies. We always do well in the trivia portion so our weak side has always been the bonus games that had nothing to do with trivia. The first bonus game was go fish being timed to see how many fish you could catch in the allotted time. We sent Maria up as she seemed the one with the coolest hand among us. She's a medical professional after all she damn well better have a steady hand I thought to myself competitively. It paid off as she got the second most amount of fish, so we had the second most amount of points from that bonus round along with a perfect score from the first trivia round.

Second trivia round we got all correct yet again, so it came down to the bonus again. This was a physical one for in shape people which we all were, but we decided on Nicole. This challenge was to see who could hold themselves up the longest in the crab walk position with one leg held up in the air. This time we came out in first place as Nicole was the last to collapse. We cheered. Third and final trivia round we got all correct again. This bonus round was a duo for heads up. I was good at describing things and Nicole guessing what I was describing so she was the one to hold the cards. She guessed the most correctly, so we got first place that round. 

"We did it!! GHOULIGAN GIRLS HAVE DONE IT!!" Maria crowed. We began singing we are the champion loudly to the bar's amusement.

Killer's POV

Jeff was watching the celebration with pride at how smart his angel is. He loved her competitive nature. He wasn't surprised she came in first place. He could see Agent Martinez in the shadows watching for him. He had to give it to the Agent. He's good. Anyone else wouldn't see him in the shadows but he isn't anyone else. He smirked as he watched Agent Martinez restlessly looking over the crowd. I see you but you don't see me Agent.

Soon the girls went their separate ways and Jeff followed from a good distance as Agent Martinez home with his angel. Jeff watched as they went inside, and he kept walking down the street towards the house he was staying in. Soon Agent Martinez, soon Jeff thought to himself happily.  

A/N:  It's coming to an end!!  I'm going to posting all the chapters I have today because I might finish it tonight.  I'm at 87K currently!!  Woohoo!!  Doing a celebration dance!