Chapter 68

Killer's POV

Jeff hacked the system at 4 in the morning and crept his way to the spare room. When he found it empty he crept to Agent Martinez's room where he found his angel asleep tangled in her blankets. She was sleeping fretfully in the midst of a nightmare which pleased him. He gently injected her to keep her from waking and her face smoothed out as the drug killed the nightmare. Jeff gently picked his angel up and carried her out of the house to his car. He laid her carefully across his backseat and watched as the tee shirt she wore hiked up. He grinned at the sight and gently brushed her black curls back. He shut the door and got into the driver's seat.

Jeff felt a thrill at having taken his angel from Agent Martinez parents' home where his FBI partner was currently sleeping. He took her right from under their noses and they were none the wiser he thought with a laugh. Now he had to strike while the iron was hot, so he drove to where he planned on helping her. He brought her inside the abandoned home and up to a bedroom where there was a defunct bed falling apart. He handcuffed her to the bed and left. He quickly drove to her home. It was easy at this hour since there were no parades yet and nothing was closed down. He parked a block behind her home since the FBI was watching her home for him. He walked into the backyard of the home that was behind her home and climbed over the wall into her courtyard. He walked up the steps to the entrance of her home. He hacked the alarm and broke in. He couldn't do anything about the cameras, so he had to be in and out. He knew where her bedroom was, so he quickly went to it and found her jewelry. He found beautiful fairy earrings and thought they were perfect. They weren't angels but close enough.

Jeff went back to where he was staying to get all his things so he wouldn't have to go back. He took care of his raging hardon while he was there. He didn't want to ruin their sex tonight by being too excited and coming too soon. Before leaving the home he left the homeowner a note thanking her for her hospitality and signed it the Nightmare Catcher. He figured it would give the homeowner a thrill to know that they unknowingly hosted someone as famous as he. Jeff had all his things which included his final gift for his angel. He left and headed somewhere to get food fit for an angel. He wanted to give her the perfect date before they made love and then he released her from her nightmares.

Martinez Family/Lindsey POV:

Isabella was making finishing making breakfast when everyone came into the kitchen. 

"Where's mi hija? Maria go get our Gabby." Isabella asked of her daughter. Maria left to get Gabby who she had become inseparable from this past weekend after the trauma they experienced together. Maria knocked on the door before opening it. 

"Gabs?" Maria asked as she looked at the unmade bed. It had definitely been slept in and Gabby's things were still here including her cell phone. Maria frowned as she went to the bathroom, but the door was open with no one in it. She felt dread weigh down on her. 

"Lindsey?" Maria whispered in fear. Logically she knew no one heard her. Before she knew it was shrilly screaming for her fiancée Lindsey. Maria's parents and Lindsey came running. 

"She's gone!! HE HAS HER!" Maria screamed shrilly as her eyes were wide and she waved her hands around wildly.

Lindsey took off quickly going in Agent mode and searching the entire home and outside the home. None of the vehicles were gone so Gabrielle couldn't have left in one of them not to mention Gabrielle shoes were still here so where would she go barefoot? Agent Stein knew he had her. She called her Director as the chill settled in her bones. 

"Director it's Agent Stein. I think it's safe to say the one who stabbed my partner is the serial killer we're hunting as Gabby has been taken. He has her. We need a man hunt now. No stone unturned. We cannot let my partner down. We must find her alive." Agent Stein said coldly.