Chapter 34

Agent Martinez POV

"Are you going to tell our Director about the threat? Did you tell Gabby?" Agent Stein asked. 

"No and no. If I tell the Director, she'll take me off the case. I don't want to worry mi Corazon. She's under enough stress. I'm not adding to it." Agent Martinez. 

"I can understand that. I know others would say we should tell but I wouldn't tell Maria if I was being threatened either. I mean technically anyone dating us should already know that our lives are endangered. So if you think about it that way, they already know we're threatened." Agent Stein said with a shrug. 

 "Very true. We better go see what the Director wants." Agent Martinez said as they began walking to her office.

"Hello Agents. Florida had a busy weekend. Specifically Tampa. Five prostitutes were raped and murdered. DNA shows it was our perpetrator Jeff Doyen." The Director said. Agent Martinez stiffened as he didn't like knowing that the bastard was so close to his butterfly. 

"The FBI has been getting calls from everyone of people claiming they saw him. Clearly all wrong since he was in Tampa. I hate this guy. He really does look like a Joe Schmo though. So it would be easy for him to blend in. No one would look twice at him." The Director said in a frustrated tone.

"Hey girls." I greeted them as I joined them in line for lunch at Coops in the French Quarter. We decided to go to Maria's neck of the woods since she's always coming to ours. 

"How are you doing?" Maria asked. I knew she was referring to what I found out about the serial killer. 

"Much better. Feeling back to my regular stress level of having a serial killer after me." I said with a shrug. 

"How about you Nic. How's wedding planning going?" I asked. 

"I've decided on a DJ and hired the one Maria suggested. Everything is pretty much done now. Just details now and trying to wrangle my bride maids together on an agreed date to get their measurements for their dresses. That's my only annoyance now." Nicole said. 

"That's great!" I gushed. 

"That's definitely a good feeling to have. It's one I know well. That feeling of your wedding pretty much coming together. Someday you too will know that feeling Gabs." Maria said with a wink. I blushed and rolled my eyes.

We finally got seated and our orders talking from a waiter who is intentionally rude in a funny way. It's his whole schtick. I've been here before and enjoyed the hell out of his personality. I moaned as I took a bite of my pasta. 

"I love the spiciness of this alfredo sauce with my crawfish and Tasso." I said savoring the taste. 

"Honestly, I'd lick this plate if I wouldn't be judged for it." I declared. 

"She's not lying. She always gets that dish here and the first time she did lick the plate. She did get judged. Not by me of course." Nicole said seriously as Maria laughed. 

"I feel like I'm missing out now." Maria said. 

"I told you not to order that shitty common dish. I told you to go with a New Orleans dish." Our waiter said as he passed by us on his way to another table. I laughed and shook my head. 

"You can't say he didn't warn you." I agreed. 

"I mean it's still good!!" Maria defended herself. 

"Yes, of course you can't go wrong in New Orleans but that said there's also always better." I said with a wink.

After our meal we stepped outside feeling full and satisfied. "Are we doing our last self-defense class this Wednesday?" Maria asked. 

"Yes, barring anything traumatic happening I'm down." I said. 

"Samesies." Nicole said. 

"Great. Well then it's been fun catching up hermanas." Maria said hugging us. 

"Agreed! See you later." I said hugging her back. Nicole said her goodbyes and we walked to the streetcar stop that would take us back uptown. Once back uptown we went out separate way back to our places of business.

Killer's POV

Jeff felt relaxed after his vacation. He was trying to access Gabrielle's cameras to catch up on his Angel only to discover they weren't connected to her Smart system anymore. That was a minor irritation. After an hour he was able to hack the security company, but they kicked him immediately. Now that was not a minor irritation. That pissed him off that they were trying to separate him from his Angel. He decided to take a chance and walked by her shop. No one seemed to notice him, but she wasn't in the shop. Probably in her studio where he unfortunately can't see her. Then he saw her walking down the street. He pulled his hat down lower and looked to the side. As he past her he made sure to brush against her. There were a lot of people about, so it was easy to do without looking intentional. He saw her look back from a shop window's reflection. He smirked at attracting her attention but knew she couldn't identify him. His anger was abated after seeing her and briefly touching her. Only his Angel can calm him. He walked back to his new home with a pep in his step.