Just Met Your Roommate Put Him on my to Do List

Viv pulls up the UCLA Athletic Center and FaceTimes Nolan to let him know she's here. To her surprise she had followed through on their shopping date even though she was starting to get nervous about her growing feelings for Nolan. In a little over a month she had come to love talking to him and since that happened every day she had gotten used to his memes, DMs, texts, calls and FaceTimes. It was almost hard to believe that she went a very long time not knowing Nolan. She felt like she had known him her entire life.

Nolan answers as he slides out of the UCLA baseball locker room, "Hey, you here?"

"Yeah, out in front black challenger," Viv says.

"Bet, be right there," Nolan hangs up and jogs over the her car and sits back into the comfortable bucket seat. He smiles at Viv and leans over to hug her, which she returns. "I'm surprised that you drive a Challenger."

"Why too badass for me?" Viv banters with Nolan and gets on the 405 freeway towards Beverly Hills, which isn't far from the UCLA campus in West Wood.

Nolan shakes his head and admires the clean Dodge Demon with the loudest engine he's probably ever heard, "No, you just didn't strike me as the sports car type."

Viv laughs, "This is the same type of car my mom drove and that's probably the only badass thing about her."

Nolan frowns, "Do you and your mom not get along or something?"

Viv shrugs and hits the gas as she swerves over into the next lane to pass a few cars, "We get along until she tries to start comparing her volleyball career to mine. Like she just needs to stay out of it and be my mom not my agent."

Nolan sighs knowing there is a lot more to Viviana and Kat's relationship, "She just wants what's best for you."

Viv looks at Nolan hoping he gets the hint that she wants to drop the subject, "I know and I love her I just don't want her so involved. That's all. I ride my own wave and sometimes she gets in the way."

Nolan nods and reaches over the turn the music up not wanting to get into it with Viv. He hadn't seen her mad or upset and he wasn't about to start today. He sits quietly and watches Beverly Hills fly past him.

"You wanna go to Dodger playoff game?" Nolan asks as they take the exit for Rodeo Drive.

Viv lets out a little laugh, "Are we sitting in my dad's seats, your dad's suit or your bother's?"

Nolan laughs, "I mean if you don't want to deal with the family dynamic we can just get our own in like right field or something."

Viv eyebrows shoot up, "I love sitting in right field..."

"Me too all you can eat food and they don't ID at Dodger Stadium," Nolan adds.

Viv chews her lip. This would be like a big public outing for her and Nolan. She could avoid all the drama if she sat in right field. Her dad wouldn't find out, Cy wouldn't be a dick to Nolan about it and she wouldn't have to have more awkward conversation with Cody and Rose. This could also be her chance to prove to her dad that he has not control over her dating life...

"I mean we could sit in right field or we could also sit behind home plate and get the steak and lobster dinner..." Viv shrugs knowing that Nolan would know she's offering her dad's tickets.

Nolan nods, "yeah that might be the move for this game."

"Then yeah, I'm down its next weekend right?" Viv checks as she pulls up to the valet parking and puts her car in park.