The Markus Betts Paradox

Pre-notes: OK!!! This is the first chapter of what would essentially be part II of this story. In part I we met everyone and kinda discovered their fatal flaws i.e. Viv's problems with drugs, past boyfriends and her parents, CJ doping, Nolan struggling with his mom and not trusting his brother or the Yelich family, Cy trying to become a good guy. Some of those were fixed, but we are going to get deeper and I'm doing this because I don't want a sequel sooooo WELCOME TO PART II!!!

*Zana Yelich-Bledsoe above*

There was nothing in Nebraska. Just a bunch of corn fields and cows. Oh, and one hell of an indoor volleyball team... Viv slid into the car with her sister, Zana Yelich-Bledsoe, and Zana's fiancé McCoy Mayfield. The three headed towards downtown Omaha to prepare to watch CJ and Nolan face off in the final game of the series that would take OU or UCLA to the semifinals match against Michigan who had eliminated Louisville earlier that day.

Viviana had noted that MJ Trout had not come to support his alma mater, Vanderbilt, this time around but that didn't mean he would miss the next more important game against Texas A&M. She had a weird feeling that the final series would be UCLA vs Vanderbilt. Either way the only game Viv was going to get to see would be a game seven in the Finals... With her own National Title on the line her and Nolan have already discussed that while neither of them would get to see the other for a few more weeks they would be in full support and communication. Once their seasons were over they could reunite at Zana and McCoy's wedding in late June.

"How are you liking Green Bay?" Viv asks McCoy who was recently drafted number one by the Green Bay Packers.

"Sure beats Madison," McCoy jokes and winks at Zana who playfully punches him for knocking on her college town.

Viv laughs, "Are you guys going to live there full time?" She presses the couple wondering when her sister would come home again.

Zana and McCoy share a look, "Yeah, at least for a few years..." Zana informs Viv.

"Maybe, when we can't stand the cold anymore we'll come back to Los Angeles..." McCoy offers that line to Viv to restore hope.

Viv's shoulders had slumped a little and the fake smile had fallen off her face. Zana wasn't coming home and Viv knew she probably never would. Her older sister had always been the glue that held her family together. With CJ staying in Norman for his junior year, which is also his last year, and Zana moving full time to Green Bay it was just going to be Viv left in Los Angeles. It was just going to be Viv left to face her parent's constant needs.

"V, we're gonna visit," Zana says and reaches over to place a hand on her younger sister's shoulder.

Viv wipes quickly under her eyes, "I know, I know. And it shouldn't be weird because you went to Madison four years ago, but with CJ gone its just me, mom and dad... and, and I always thought you'd come back."

Zana tightens her grip, "V, you have proven to mom and dad that their nagging, pushing and overwhelming desire for all of us to achieve is not healthy. I have never seen our father so calm and content with you. Mom, doesn't shut up about how good you're playing and how much she has enjoyed playing with you. So, please don't think any of that will change. If you give half the effort you did this season next year you will be fine. I love you so much Viviana, but you need to know you weren't the only living in mom and dad's shadow and its time for me to move on from being Zana Yelich-Bledsoe."

Viv nods and takes a deep breath, "I know Z, I'm just going to miss you always being there for me."

The thought of transferring re-enters her mind as she plans how to get away from L.A.. With a recent opening at University of Hawaii Viv ponders the idea of convincing Nolan to transfer with her... She quickly shakes the ideas away.