To Have and To Hold

"You ready?" Viv asks Zana as the two stand behind the doors of the church hall where the ceremony was being held.

It was a stunning church in North Los Angeles with dark cedar beams and enough seats to host the 300 person ceremony. Zana Yelich-Bledsoe and McCoy Mayfield were to be married on June 17. The reception would follow in Malibu on the beach.

Zana looked amazing with her dark hair piles on her head and several loose curls framing her face. The MUA had done an amazing job using a flawless foundation and browns to make her green eyes burn bright.

"More than ready," Zana smiles at her youngest sister and Maid of Honor.

"I love you Z," Viv grins and hugs her sister gently so she didn't risk messing up the beautiful long-sleeved white wedding dress.

"I love you V," Zana tells her sister.

The pair part and Viviana locks arms with McCoy's best man a wide receiving from his days playing football at OU. CJ Yelich and Lena Mayfield walk first and then the rest of the party. Viv searches the crowds for the Bellinger's and find Cody, Rose, Brooklyn, Cy and Nolan sitting by Viv's grandma Alicia. Christian and Kat sit on one side of the aisle and Baker and Kathryn sit on the opposite side.  McCoy stands nervously at the front in his suit. Viv keeps a smile on her face as she takes her place at the front and takes the bouquet so the ceremony can begin.

The priest clears his throat,"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. Let us begin with the sharing of vows."

Zana squeezes McCoy's hands and begins her speech, "McCoy Christian Mayfield, we have been together since before we were born. Literally, our moms spent so many days together we were were still growing inside them. We grew up together and even though you spent most of the year in Texas or Oklahoma those summers that I was able to visit you are full of some of my favorite memories. I think I knew I was in love with you at 13 years old, but I couldn't be sure because you were still blocking my hits in a friendly game of volleyball or giving me the Heisman when were were playing football. You were my best friend then and you are my best friend now. You have grown into the most kind and caring person I know. You love me deeply and have been an amazing support these past five years we spent at our repels time schools. I am so blessed to have you in my life and can not wait to have you forever. I love you."

The priest signals for McCoy to begin.

"Zana, you have supported and encouraged me to become not only the best football player, but to also be the best person in your life. There has not been a day that went by in the last twenty years where you didn't cross my mind. My past five years in Norman have not been easy and there were so many times I was prepared to drop everything and move to Wisconsin while you continued to go after your dreams. I love the person I am when you're with me. Your soul is beautiful and I respect the way to speak to people. I am in awe of the way you make others feel. You have only ever shown me love. I am ready to be by your side no matter what we are faced with. I love you."

The priest asks , "McCoy, do you take this woman to be your wife, to live together in holy matrimony, to love her, to honor her, to comfort her, and to keep her in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"

McCoy answers, "I do."

"Zana, do you take this man to be your husband, to live together in (holy) matrimony, to love him, to honor him, to comfort him, and to keep him in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, for as long as you both shall live?"