Curve Ball

Markus Betts (above)

Viv was not at all surprised when Markus Betts had strutted up to her after the game like his team hadn't lost to the Dodger 10-2. She was surprised by the absolute confidence this man exuded when he asked for her number and had the audacity to set up the date for that night. Viv was absolutely eating up the way Markus was worshipping her and decided to actually give him a chance.

Viv sat on her phone in her car and waited for Markus to get in. It was weird for her to think that they were only two years apart and had only crossed paths at the College World Series. Viv jumped a little when the passenger side opened and Markus slid into filling her car with the unmistakable scent of Gucci Guilty. Viv looked him up and down once approving of the Jordans and jeans look. She took one look at the chain on his neck and then tried to push every dirty thought out of her mind. Viv couldn't deny it Markus was hot.

"Where are we going?" Viv asks Markus.

"Go to Dodger Stadium," He instructs and scrolls through his messages while J. Cole plays through Viv's loud subs.

Viv gives him a side eye, "You know I'm on probation there right?"

"Oh for you and MJ's sex tape?" Markus asks bluntly.

Viv is taken back by Markus's matter-of-fact tone and how he really didn't seem to care that Viv had a bad girl past and was freshly out of a relationship. "Errr... yeah."

"Look Viviana," Markus starts. "I been peeping you for a minute like since you started at SC and the only reason I didn't slide in your DMs was because of MJ and Nolan and I heard you were always pretty wrapped up. I waited for my chance and now I'm finna take it so just get ready."

Viv tries not to smile loving this attention and then her heart twists, "Markus, I did just get out of the most serious relationship I've been in..."

"Yeah, I heard and I'm not saying we endgame or anything but we definitely can feel this out, you know?" He says.

Viv nods appreciating the up front manner, "Nah, I gotchu and I'm down with that for sure." Viv decides she's going to give Markus and fair chance.

"Alright bet!" Markus says with a bright smile. He gets out of the car and hurries around to Viv's side to open her door. "Now, lets go have some fun."

Markus grabs a bucket of balls and a few bats from the visitors dugout once Viv got him inside and the pair go back and forth pitching and swinging. Viv actually laughs a few times while playing with Markus and finds herself distracted and enjoying this silly date.

"Come on give me some heat," Viv challenges Markus who raises his eyebrows and starts his pitch.

He throws a pretty decent fast ball to Viv who swings and connects sending the ball deep into center field. Viv flips her bat and takes off around the bases.

"What are you doing," Markus laughs watching how quick Viv is. "We said we weren't gonna run?"

Viv shrugs and does a head first dive into home, "I don't know I was feeling it," She says getting up from her slides brushing herself off.

Markus laughs, "You swing like your dad if that means anything to you." Markus knew that Christian and Viviana had a strained relationship. In fact, almost the entire MLB family knew that Viviana was not very close with her family. He also knew that was changing when the story broke that Kat was going to play in the Olympic trials with Viv.

"Yeah, it does," Viv smiles at Markus loving that he noticed that and had actually said something.

"Where are the Olympic Trials being held?" Markus asks.

Viv is a little stunned that Markus knew that the Trails were coming up in about a month, "Uhh... They're in Athens this year."

"When do you leave?"

"Couple weeks probably after the 4th of July," Viv says not really wanting to think about the next impossible challenge she was having to face.

Markus nods and picks up on Viv's vibe knowing he needs the change the subject. He goes to grab Viv and drag her out to right field when a deep and all too familiar voice cuts across the infield.

"Viviana?" Cy Bellinger calls.

Viv turns quickly stepping away from Markus, "Oh, hey Cy..."

Markus awkwardly takes a few steps back from Viv.

"Markus," Cy acknowledges. "What are you doing here?"

Viv answers because it is obvious Cy is only addressing her and could care less who was standing next to her, "We were just having fun," Viv shrugs. "Not that its any of your concern," she adds.

Cy scoffs, "I been trying to call you all day."

Viv shrugs, "Sorry I was with CJ and turned my phone on do not disturb."

"You better head out before grounds keeping comes back through," Cy says.

Viv notices his game bag on his shoulder and his freshly washed hair. She quickly puts the pieces together and realizes Cy was just now leaving the stadium five hours after his game earlier that afternoon. Something must have happened, but Viv didn't know what. Maybe it had something to do with Cody not sitting in the box and Rose being here. Either way Viv could tell that Cy needed her and weirdly enough she could use his constant friendship.

Viv turned to Markus, "This is really random but I have to go with Cy to move some stuff into my apartment you can take my car back and I'll get it tomorrow. That cool?"

Markus looked between Viv and Cy several times before realizing there was something for serious going on and it probably had to do with Viv's breakup with Cy's brother, Nolan. He nods, "yeah for sure."

Viv smiles and kisses Markus on the cheek handing him the keys, "Thank you I am so sorry we can finish this tomorrow."

Markus gives her a quick hug and nods, "see you tomorrow Viviana."

Viv waits until Markus is out of sight before turning on Cy, "Why are you here so late?"

"Why are you out with Markus Betts?" Cy counters.

"No of your concern," Viv snaps.

"Then me being here is none of yours," Cy shrugs.

Viv crosses her arms, "fine."

Cy heads back under the stadium to the exit, "fine."

"You're taking me home," Viv reminds him.

Cy stops and turns to address Viv, "Which home? The dorm room you're gonna have to move into, the house in Malibu or West Lake Village because you need to move out of that stupid fucking apartment."

"Cy, I have no where to go..." Viv says in a small voice the last part of Cy's rant hitting a soft spot.

Cy sees the hurt in Viv's face and knows she's right. She can't move back on campus it's not good for her, she can't go home to her parents and face all the drama there, not yet, and she definitely can't go to her and Nolan's apartment. He takes a deep breath and looks around the stadium.

"Move in with me."

Viv's jaw drops.

So I know what I want to do but I'm struggling to get from A to B so these are going to seem like filler chapters and I'm sorry just stay with me though. Y'all are the absolute sweetest! I'm going to a baseball game today and I'm so excited. What are y'all doing?