Mother Daughter Bonding

Cy kissed every part of Viv's face as she giggled and tried to get away. Despite her joking protests Cy grabbed her arm and spun her around she that she was trapped in a tight hug. He placed one last deep kiss on her lips. Cy couldn't remember a time he had been so happy and the past three weeks with Viviana were some of the best he had in his entire life. It was everything he had ever wanted in a relationship. They could go the whole day without talking and then come home and eat dinner together and talk about their day. Their relationship was mature and it felt like he had been with Viv for years.

"Ok, ok, I'm gonna miss my flight," Viv sighed and pulled out of the kiss. She smiles at Cy as she had been for weeks. She was just so happy.

Cy hugs his girlfriend tightly, "good luck in Greece, not that you'll need it."

"I do," Viv assures him and hugs him tightly.

"Don't come back until you've qualified," Cy jokes knowing this was one of the most important events in Viviana's ever growing career.

Viv laughs, "I'm not coming home till you secure that MVP bid."

"I'm not sure that I can do it two years in a row..." Cy admits.

"I am," Viv says letting him go and throwing her backpack over her shoulder. She kiss him on the cheek and steps away from the G-Wagon that he had dropped her off in. "Bye Cy."

"Bye Viv," Cy says and goes to get into his car knowing he wouldn't see Viviana for three weeks and when she did come back it was right into her fall camp at USC for indoor season. He waited for her to turn back but she never did Viv just kept walking into the international terminal at LAX.

~*~

Viv wiped the sweat off her brow and sat back into the chair that the trainers had set up on the beach in Athens, Greece. After a week of training and adjusting to the Olympic Trials life Viv and her mom had enter their first day of the Trials as the favorite. Viv wasn't concerned with winning the tournament all she wanted to do was get enough points to actually qualify for the USA Olympic Trials Tournament the next year. Her mom on the other hand was fully prepared to win the entire thing.

Kat stood under the tent talking to Kelly Sheffield, her former college coach, who had agreed to be Kat and Viv's sand volleyball coach for this year's trials. Viv knew why her mom had done so well at University of Wisconsin. Sheffield was one of the greatest coaches she had ever worked with and he knew exactly of to push her.

Viv watched as Kat demonstrated a skill for Sheffield and even though the man was a lot older he still preformed the skill properly and explained to Kat what she needed to do instead. It made Viv smile seeing her mom get back on to the game that she had loved so much. Kat had never given up playing volleyball she just did a lot less and then Team USA Indoor asked her to coach and it was an instant yes. No one was surprised she was back or that she was just as good as when she left. Kat was more than happy to be playing with her youngest daughter and not at all surprised that Viviana was 10 times the player Kat ever was.

"Ok, kid," Sheffield yells to get Viviana's attention. "Let's get this one put away. If you win just one match in this next game you'll be sitting fifth in qualifying points and will definitely be headed the the Olympic trials next summer."

Viv nods, "Ok great so win the entire game and leave nothing to question."

"Yep, she's your kid alright," Sheffield laughs with Kat.

"Let's get it," Viv says and fist bumps her mom before heading out into the bright sun to stretch one last time before facing the number one beach team from Brazil.