Strike Three

Attending a tailgate the day after Viv's brother beat the shit out of her ex boyfriend was not ideal in any situation. Having her second major breakup less than 24 hours before the tailgate was even less ideal. Despite all the bad things Viv still rolled out of her bed in Cy's apartment, which she would continue living in, and forced herself to get ready. It wasn't a hard decision for Viv and Cy. They both knew it would probably be less awkward for her to stay in the apartment than having her move her stuff again. Cy was quick to make sure it Viv knew that he still wanted her there. Viv didn't want to move again and was grateful that Cy was cool about letting her stay. It was unspoken but obvious that the two wanted or remain friends.

Viv stepped out of her room and filled up her water bottle before knocking on Cy's door, "Cy, I'm going to the tailgate are you still coming?" She called through the closed door.

There was shuffling around behind the door before Cy opened the door. Viv looked down quickly seeing Cy's shirtless body. His perfectly muscled body still made her flush; she prayed that would stop soon.

"Yeah, I'm gonna be late I have to get my dad, Rose and her kids," Cy tells Viv.

"Ok, you'll probably just come to the suite here are the passes," Viv says and gives Cy six passes.

Cy counts the passes and glances at Viv unsure, "there's six."

"He was invited and always will be," Viv says without acknowledging that Nolan was probably going to attend the USC opening game.

"Ok," Cy says and leans in giving Viv a quick hug. He still loved her just not in the same way, "See you in a lil."

Viv headed out and got into her car. To her surprise there was no traffic heading towards USC campus. USC had a weird start time, 5 p.m., they normally had later games because they were on the west coast. USC was taking on the Ohio State University for the first game of the season and without CJ Yelich it was not looking like a promising season for the previous CFB Champions.

Viv found her family easy enough and greeted her mom dad, Baker, Kathryn, Zana, McCoy and CJ despite all their concerned looks. Viv came clean the night before at dinner about what had happened. Surprisingly her mom had been the most support and insightful about the whole situation. Kat had told her daughter about a time when she was dating Klay Thompson, had just broken up with Cody Bellinger and was trying to figure out how much she actually liked Christian Yelich.

"Are they all coming?" Kat asks her daughter as she searches for a Coors Light for Viv.

Viv nods and takes the beer from her mom appreciating how chill her parents had become ever since she turned 21.

"It'll be ok," Kat assures remembering the time Cody had tracked her down to Roscoe's while she was there with Christian and tried to cause problems. "Cody won't let Nolan make problems with Rose and the kids here."

"I can only hope," Viv mumbles and sips her beer.

Christian comes over and takes the beer out of Viv's hand check what it is and then hands it back, "You're in season light beers only." Viv laughs at her dad's ridiculousness but appreciates having here still supporting USC football even with CJ at OU now.

"If that's the case might as well just starting drinking tequila with water," Viv jokes back.

Christian laughs, "I'll go make your bed now." The father and daughter hug again and Christian holds his youngest daughter a little tighter, "Viv, I know I told you last night but I am so proud of you. You're playing so well and you're so dedicated. Everything you did last night in the game was impressive, but the way you took the bench and continued to help your team was amazing. You make me so proud to be your dad."