Mob Ties

CJ YELICH (above) also listen to mobs ties by Drake if you wanna be in a mood for this chpt

CJ didn't come home from Winter Break. He didn't call either. The only contact he had with his family were simple one line texts letting them know he was alive. Viviana had taken enough tolerance breaks from weed to know what CJ was probably going through. He was definitely angry, short tempered and depressed. He probably couldn't sleep and when he did there was a lot of lucid dreaming. Viv left her brother alone for the most part and crossed her fingers nothing would come of it.

Viv had done a lot of wallowing in self pity the first week of break. She had gone home the night Nolan broke up with her and pasted on a smile for her parents who were thrilled to have her home early. She had stayed quiet on social media and worked out at home in case Nolan hadn't left for Arizona. Viv did watch Snapchat carefully to make sure he was not in the state. Once he was confirmed to be home she unaided him on Snapchat. It caused her too much anxiety having that access to him.

Christian had noticed that Viv had been a little too happy and helpful around the house like she was trying to hide something. He had tried to get his daughter to open up and had done it in the most non intrusive way possible, but she just wouldn't crack. Kat knew something was up because Viv wasn't picking fights with her, but she didn't want to end this period of peace in the Yelich household. Kat just assumed that not having CJ around had a large effect on Viv than anyone thought.

Somehow neither parent managed to realize that Viv's strange behavior was actually because her and CJ were talking. CJ didn't call or FaceTime the family, but he did talk to Viv everyday. He kept her updated and tried to save her from the Dark and Twisties that she was obviously falling into. It was really annoying that CJ couldn't contact Nolan without getting his ass beat, but is was becoming more and more clear that CJ was going to have to get his ass beat by Nolan if they were ever gonna be cool again. He wasn't ready for that though so his sister was going to have wallow a little bit longer.

The College Football Playoff was on Christmas Eve and was taking in Atlanta at the Falcons Stadium and the Yelich family had decided to have Christmas there. Zana and McCoy were flying in from Oklahoma. University of Oklahoma hadn't made the playoffs this year, but Zana had moved to Oklahoma when she graduated in the start of December and had started planning the wedding of the century. Baker and Kathryn flew in and unfortunately had brought Lena as well.

Viv and Lena had done well being civil and not speaking to each other, which was really all their parents could ask for.

"Viv are you ok?" Baker asks as the two families enter a restaurant in downtown Atlanta.

Viv shields her eyes as the cameras flash around her, "yeah just tired."

"Viviana, I have known you for 20 years, I can tell when something has you upset," Baker says to his goddaughter. "Your parents may not see it or they ignore it, but I know something happened."

Viv takes a deep breath she was still trying to process her conversation with Nolan and it had almost been two weeks, "Nolan broke up with me... err we weren't dating, but he said he couldn't be around me because my family is toxic..."

Baker sighs and looks around at the crew that came for the dinner before the game, "Viv, you have an intense family and its going to have an impact on all your relationships. I don't want to agree with Nolan, but I think you've got a lot to work out with you family before you try to start your own."

Viv blushes and rolls her eyes, "Ugg I guess."

Baker winks, "remember I'm the smart one."