Family Politics

"Whose taking you to the game?" CJ demands over the phone.

Viviana rolls her eyes as she shuffles through shirts in her roommate's closet trying to find a shirt for the National League championship game, "I'm driving myself you need a ride?" Viv smirks knowing she's pissing her brother off avoiding the question.

CJ sighs, "No, I'm going early with dad are you going with Nolan?"

"I am going to a game where Nolan Bellinger will also be," Viv says and looks at the absolute most perfect shirt that she could have found.

"So are you sitting in the Bellinger suite?" CJ asks as he looks out the widow in his own dorm at SC to the women's athlete dorms that are just across the street.

Viv pulls the vintage Cody Bellinger jersey with the stitched number 35 from her roommate's closet and grins knowing this might send her dad to the moon, "Nope dad's seats behind home plate."

CJ scoffs, "He's gonna have a stroke."

"I know... and I'm wearing Abby's old Cody Bellinger jersey so this should be a good one," Viv says and puts her brother on speaker, "Oh bro I'm going to Crenshaw after you need anything?"

CJ glances over at his gym bag and swallows, "No, I re-upped from a guy on the team," CJ lies easily to his sister who had no idea why he actually needed a steady supply of Ritalin and sure as hell didn't know that he was taking performance enhancers.

"Wow, I'm hurt and I'm gonna have to take your teammate out for taking my business," Viv jokes and gets confirmation from her roommate and teammate that she could wear the jersey. Once she has it she heads to her room to get dressed.

"Relax, now why are you trying to push dad's buttons so much?" CJ asks.

Viv shrugs even though CJ can't see her, "I'm not trying to push his buttons well I was at first. He actually had a conversation that lasted more than five seconds when he told me not to be around Nolan, but then I tailgated with Cody and Rose-"

"You what!?" CJ exclaims.

"I tail gated with them for like a hour at the Rivalry Game it wasn't that big of a deal, the Bellingers are nice and pay attention to me and ask me how I am and offer me food," Viv shrugs and starts to search for her keys.

"So you're telling me that your little attempt to get back at Cy Bellinger by fucking his brother never happened because you actually ended up liking the guy and his family because they give you attention?" CJ asks his twin sister.

"I mean when you put it that way I sound like a bitch, but yeah I guess but I don't know CJ... Nolan is like a really nice guy and just like listens to me and like doesn't judge me like he makes feel like I'm worth something..." Viv sighs thinking about their shopping date to Rodeo Drive.

CJ rolls his eyes, "I don't want to say it, but I have to, you got daddy issues."

"So do you," Viv fires back at her brother.

"Woah aggressive sorry I'll just stay out of your relationships, but this could get messy Viv there's a lot of politics between our families-"

"Okay chill out its all fine I'm sure Nolan will get tired of me soon enough so seriously chill," Viv groans while heading out of her dorm.

CJ rolls his eyes, "alright, alright drive safe and be careful when you pop in to Crenshaw."

"Yessir," Viv says and the siblings laugh, "See you at the game CJ."