Block Out the Feedback

Nolan rests his hands on top of his head and tries to catch his breath as the hot Malibu heats beats down on his bare chest and shoulders. He had only been working out at Proactive Sports for three days and on his fourth his trainer decided to hold their workout at the Malibu Sand Hills. The workout had started at 6:30 and he was only thirty minutes into his own personal hell. His shirt had stayed on about ten minutes before he sweated through it. Nolan had assumed that living in Phoenix for three weeks would giving him some sort of heat resistance, but sprinting up a hill in sand was taking a toll.

It didn't help that all Nolan had done while he was home was drink, take a short mile run and do some yoga with with stepmom. His dad was thankfully focused on Cy and his massive contract and didn't have the time or attention span to nag Nolan about staying ready for his season, which started in a little over a month. Nolan was really just thankful that his dad hadn't noticed that he was either thinking of a reason to text Viviana or drinking to forget Viviana.

Nolan hadn't made any progress in the three weeks he was away from her and had actually started regretting walking away more than he did when he did it. It definitely didn't help that Viviana's trainer had also decided to have her workout at the Sand Hill. It also didn't help that Viv and Cy had started working out together. Cy claims its because Viv is actually a really intense person to workout with and pushes him. Nolan still doesn't like their weird friendship.

Nolan glances over about 30 yards where Viv is working out. His heart skips a beat as Viv pulls off the oversized sweater she had been wearing and its left standing in spandex and her sports bra. She adjusts the massive iced out chain on her neck and centers the cross. The necklace was new Nolan hadn't every noticed Viv wearing jewelry other than her earrings. Viv is breathing hard trying to catch her breath and Cy is bent over, hands on knees doing the same next to her.

Viv's hair is slick with sweat and her body glistens. Nolan would be a little grossed out, but Viv had been absolutely murdering the workout and deserved that sweat. She looks tired. This might be a stretch, but Viviana didn't even look like Viviana right now.

"Oh no," Nolan's trainer laughs as he catches Nolan starring at Viv. "I knew it was going to be a distraction to have her here."

Nolan shrugs, "just admiring hard work, not distracted."

Nolan's trainer laughs again, "yeah better keep doing that at a distance she is way out of your league."

Nolan is the one laughing now. If only his trainer knew. "Whatever you say man..."

"I'm serious she's being running around with your brother a few other MLB players during break and our athletic trainer at the shop said some NHL guy has been picking her up from workouts..." Nolan's trainer tells him.

Some of that was news to Nolan. The MLB players were Cy's teammates. The NHL player though... Nolan hadn't heard about that.

"Well Viv and I have partied together..." Nolan offers in an desperate attempt to mend his pride. Was he that much of a lil bitch boy that no one thought he could bag Viviana. He looks over one last time at this new version of Viviana. Maybe he couldn't bag this one...

"Oh so you rave and shit?" The trainer asks. Nolan scrunches his face in confusion. "Viviana is a rave girl like an EDM Head, a Trip Chick... Seriously? You go to school at UCLA you have to know about this."

Nolan shrugs, "No clue..."

"Watch this," his trainer says and nods towards Viv who is getting ready for her next circuit. "Watch her go twice as hard when I change this song."