He Thought She Was Prettier

"Uhh yeah can I get two double-doubles with grilled onions no tomatoes, fries and a chocolate shake," Viv orders and then looks over the Nolan who has wide eyes, "And..."

"Just a number one with a lemonade," Nolan orders and Viv relays, "Wait, can I get animal fries."

Viv laughs and orders for him before they pull up in the drive-thru line. Viv leans forward and pulls out a few bills from her back pocket. Nolan looks a little concerned as she counts out $100s to get down to the small bills at the middle of her wad. He wonders why she has so much cash on her and then remembers who her mom and dad are. Nolan shakes his head trying to get the picture of Kat and Christian Yelich's mansion up in West Lake Village that he had seen so many pictures of from when his brother would go up to visit.

Viv grabs the bags after paying and puts them in the back seat, "Just wait I'm taking you to the secret spot," Viv says with a mischievous smile, "But you could put some bops. That would be appreciated."

Nolan nods and opens his Apple Music, "Anything in particular."

"Play your walk up song," Viv instructs. She waits as the first lines of 'Going Bad' by Meek Mill come on and she dances a little in her seat, "Alright, alright I fuck with it. A little basically but I like."

"Basic?" Nolan questions, "What would your walk up song be?"

Viv thinks as she takes an exit and heads down to her Secret Spot, "Tia Tamera for sure."

Nolan plays the song and listens, "Alright yeah this makes sense."

Viv turns into a very empty and tall parking garage and whips the Jeep to the very top floor. She finally stops at the top on the open roof, "Ready to really see the city?" Viv says and hops out of the car.

Nolan hits shuffle on his Issa Vibe playlist and follows Viv to the railing. The view was 10/10. You could almost see all of Los Angeles well at least of Los Angeles County. He watches her face and thinks about how pretty she looks as she looks out at the city. The lights reflect back on her face casting a soft light on her face.

Woah.

"This is dope," Nolan comments.

Viv nods and smiles as good memories flash in her mind, "Yeah CJ and I were in high school trying to find somewhere to smoke and ended up here. Definitely my favorite place you can't hear the city and no one parks here after 10."

Nolan grabs Viv's hand and takes a few steps back towards his Jeep and leans on the front. The momentum bring's Viv crashing into his chest. She looks up and bits her lip, "the view is pretty, but you go it beat Viv."

Viv laughs at Nolan's cheesy line and pushes away, "Alright Slick can we eat now?"

Nolan sighs as he gets shut down, but peels off back to get his food. Viv hands him his bag and they both stand and sit on the cage of the Jeep so they can still look at the city.

"Why beach volleyball when your mom and sister played indoor?" Nolan asks and opens up the floor for a round of Q&A with his new friend.

Viv shrugs, "I like being outside and I got annoyed having to play with Zana all the time. Plus, my mom always pushed me towards indoor so naturally I went the other way."

Nolan nods, "So then why go to USC when UCLA had the best program?"

Viv laughs, "Going to the number one school was too easy. Taking down the number one is gonna be so much sweeter when you were number two."