93

authors note: hey guys sorry this update took SO FUCKING LONG!!! i've been really busy and just needed to get through some things... but here it is!! i love you all!

all the love

k.

harry's POV

i was running down the hospital halls as fast as i could. the doctor told me jordan was in ICU. she would be moved later but for now i was just thankful i got to see her. when i finally stood before her door i paused. i was so nervous. i don't know why. maybe because i haven't seen her for awhile and i thought she was dead a couple minutes ago. it was probably just the tidal wave of emotions i had been experiencing in these last few hours. alright get over it and go see her now.

i push the door open and walk through.

there she was. she had tubed and machines hooked up to her but she still was my beautiful girl anyways. i sat down on the chair next to her like i've done so many times before. i hated the feeling of having to wait but she was alive and she was ok. that's all that mattered. i grab her small hand in my bigger one and press a kiss to the back of it. the doctor said she was heavily sedated so she should wake up in a few hours. i wanted her to be as comfortable as possible. i know being in a hospital bed wasn't very fun. i could go home really quickly and grab a few things. i didn't want to leave her though. but it would only a half an hour. i should do it. i move a strand of hair out of her face and press a kiss to her forehead.

"stay safe love" i whisper

jordans POV

you know when people say that when you get shot or when your heart stops your life flashes before your eyes? yea it's real.

the last thing i remember was laying on the floor of the cold warehouse. there were muffled voices yelling. and sirens and flashing red and blue lights. and then i close my eyes. and i let it all go.

i saw many images and moments in my head.

moments like when i went skateboarding back in LA. moments when i would hang out with B and james. moments like when my brothers came home. and of course moments with harry.

when we first met. when we had our first kiss on stage in the rain. when we first fell asleep together on the tour bus couch. when we just laid together in bed and watched movies. all the times we had slow danced in our room to the soft music. when we finally got together again after our break.

it was all there. and i was thankful i got to see it. part of me wanted to stay there forever. live in the good moments forever. but i know i couldn't. there was this calling telling me i had to come back.

it was telling me i needed to come back.

i rose to consciousness very slowly. i couldn't quite get myself to open my eyes yet. but i hear faint music. my hands were on top of something soft. and i smelled something good. something i've missed so much.

it was harry.

i get myself to flutter my eyes open slightly and the room is dimmed making it easier. i take in my surroundings. of course there were many machines next to me. there was a tube in my mouth making sure i breathe. i recognized the music. "sign of the times" was playing. the soft thing i felt was my big blanket laying over me under my arms. i look over and see harry with one of my hands in both of his. his forehead rested against it. his curls slightly tickling me. i cant really talk with the tube in my mouth so i just lightly squeeze his hand and he shoots up.

"jordan? oh my god. you're awake? shit! your awake! hang on let me go get the doctor" he practically sprints out of the room and comes back with a doctor.

"jordan it's good to see you're awake" he comes over to me and checks the machines and then unhooks the oxygen tube so i can finally talk.

"well jordan everything's looking good so i'll leave you two to talk... just stay off your shoulder" the doctor nods and walks out of the room.

harry returns to his spot bringing his chair a little bit closer his eyes becoming glossy.

"hey harry" my voice comes out raspy and worn out

"jordan you're awake..."

"yea no shit" i say but can't help smile.

"i thought... i thought you were gone" he says more seriously

"can't get rid of my that easily" i state

he laughs but there's tears coming down his face now. he leans over and buried his face in my neck and i wrap my good arm around him.

"please don't ever leave me like that ever again" he whispers in a soft tone "i can't live without you"

"i promise" i whisper back and we stay there for a few minutes. i hear the door open and we both release and he sits down on the bed. the rest of the team comes in and one by one they all give me a hug.

we talk a bit. they got the guys that did this thankfully. we talk a bit more and joke around. it was good to be back i guess with everyone. it hadn't even been that long but with the events that went on it felt like it.

the doctor came in and had me try and walk. the walking part wasn't hard. the breathing part was though. considering i just got shot and one of my ribs was broken. it was ok though. harry helped and i just walked around a bit. by the end i was really tired and basically just fell into harry's arms. it was hard. the more awake i became the more reality punched me in the gut. all the memories of them hurting me ran through my head. but i know harry would never hurt me like that and i was safe now. we stood there hugging for awhile our breathing steady and my head against his chest. it felt good to hear his heartbeat. like it brought me to reality that he's really here with me. and i love him for that. after a few more minutes we both sit down on the bed.

"so JJ..." harry starts

"yea bubs?"

"i've been thinking"

"about what?"

"you know you'll be able to get out of the hospital in about a week... and you know i've thought a lot about it. and i know you have wanted to go too...." he looks up at me with a kind of shy look in his eyes

"yea...?"

"JJ... after you get out of the hospital... can i take you to paris with me?"

this is also the funniest comment i've ever seen thank you for that