Chapter 32

Only three draths remained back at the van, two of them attacking the vehicle ravenously in blind hope that there were still people inside. Namjoon and Leanne neared the van at a quick pace; they were so close. One of the draths was attacking one of the front windows, and Namjoon bubbled with fury as he saw the damage it was causing, worried about all of his and Jin's scientific equipment that was stored in the van. The moment the alien's head clicked in his direction due to his heavy footsteps, he raised his gun up, closing one eye and aiming with as much accuracy as he possibly could at the drath's head. The creature screeched and linger at him, and he ended up lodging a bullet straight through it's large, dark eye, blood spattering across the side of the van.

The purple-haired man turned his nose up in disgust, making sure that Leanne had his back and he reached the door of the cubicle and started entering a code into a keypad on the door. The moment he'd got it unlocked, Leanne's worried voice grasped his attention.

After successfully beheading one of the last two drath's that stood in their vision, Leanne noticed Hoseok running at her out of the corner of her eye. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion as she noticed her friend running towards her with speeds greater than she'd ever seen him run before, but her skin turned pale the moment that she could see Hoseok's expression.

The generally sunshiny male had an unreadable expression covering his features, but what scared her the most was the fact that his skin was ashen and his eyes were a glowing red.
"H-Hobi?" She stuttered, backing towards the van as Hoseok continued to run towards her. She almost screamed out in fear as Hoseok wielded his bloody axe above his head, aimed at her.

"Namjoon!"
Namjoon turned away from the van to see Leanne frozen and pointing at Hoseok, who seemed to be running madly at her with murderous intent.
"Fuck! He's been hypnotised! The only way to-"
He was cut off as a single gunshot rang through the air, Hoseok's possessed body falling like a rag doll to the floor in an instant only a couple of metres from the dark-haired girl.

Leanne screamed and brought her hands to her mouth, thinking that her friend had been shot, but it didn't take her long to notice that Yoongi had actually shot the drath that was controlling him. She fell to her knees in a distressed and exhausted heap, staring at the ground until she felt a soft hand on her shoulder.
"It's okay. He's okay, and the drath's are gone. We need to get moving." Yuri said softly, lifting Leanne up. Leanne nodded weakly, watching as Yoongi ran over to Hoseok and somehow managed to lift his limp body into his arms.

Namjoon, Yoongi, Yuri, Jimin, Leanne and Hoseok all managed to clamber into the back of the van, surrounded by boxes and scientific instruments.
"We need to get out of here before they come back." Namjoon stated, closing the door and moving to the driver's seat. Yoongi lay Hoseok down in the back and allowed Leanne to tend to him, before running in a panic to Namjoon.
"What?! We can't leave! What about Jungkook and Taehyung?" He exclaimed, worried murmurs filling the van.

"We can't wait for them here!" Namjoon shouted back, and Yoongi groaned, grabbing Namjoon's arm tightly and pulling it away from the steering wheel.
"They are our friends. And if we've gone through all this shit to help you, you can at least try and help us to find them." Yoongi growled, Namjoon's eyes widening at the older male's words.

"We need to find them. If they're okay, they're gonna need all the help they can get." Yuri spoke up, the others nodding to her words.
"I've lost Jungkook once already. I don't want to do it again." Jimin said, and Namjoon sighed.
"Okay okay, let's drive over to the far side of the forest to look for them. Any sign of the draths and we are out of there. Got it?" Namjoon said, Yoongi crossing his arms and nodding with narrowed eyes as Namjoon started the engine.

"They had better be okay." Jimin said under his breath, Yuri taking his hand and squeezing it lightly.
"They will be. We're just gotta have hope." She said, Jimin smiling and nodding at that.
"Does anyone have any water?" Leanne queried from the back, Namjoon giving her the response that she hoped for.
"There's a bottle in the compartment behind the passenger seat." Namjoon said, Jimin being quick to fetch it and hand it to Leanne.

Leanne thanked him, before pouring a little of the water into her hand, and then placing her cool and wet hand on Hoseok's forehead. As if by magic, the orange-haired male began to stir at the sensation, a groan leaving his lips as his head rolled to the side a little.
"Hopie? Can you hear me?" She asked softly, only receiving a murmur in response, but that was enough to satisfy her.

Yoongi came over and crouched beside her, looking over Hoseok's exhausted form.
"Is he okay?" He asked her, Leanne turning to face him and smiling a little as she noticed the slight worry in Yoongi's expression.
"He will be. I can guarantee that he'll have an awful headache when he comes around, but he'll be fine. This is Hobi we're talking about after all."
Yoongi nodded to her to say that he'd take over on watching him, giving Leanne a chance to sit back and relax after what she'd just experienced. She wouldn't mention to Hoseok what happened when he was hypnotised, but she was just glad that Yoongi saved the both of them.

The drive around the woods was filled with anticipation as Jimin, Yuri and Namjoon kept their eyes peeled for any sight of the two that were missing, praying to God that the cluster hadn't got to them. If it had, then there was no chance of either of them surviving, despite their strength and expertise.
"Come on, come on, please be okay." Jimin muttered under his breath, almost shouting out as he saw two figures emerge from the trees, both looking exhausted.

"I see them!"