41. Over

E P I L O G U E

Sike! Y'all thought 😂
Just kidding!
Continuation of last chapter.

F A H A D' S  P O V

Did she go? For real?

That's not what I wanted. I just wanted her to stop bringing my father's topic every now and then.

"Are you happy now?" Mom looked at me with her splenetic eyes.

"Mom, what did I do? She went by her own will."

"FAHAD DON'T GIVE YOUR STUPID REASONS?!" Uméma shouted at me.

"What? I am the villain here? Why are you guys not talking about her?"

"Brother, she loved you! She frikkin gave her heart to you, but all you did was kick it like a football." Uméma snapped at me. "You know what? She was planning for your birthday! Trying to surprise you! She was sad that you never celebrated or enjoyed your birthday cause you were too busy being sad about our father's absence. She tried to make it special for you!"

"Why isn't no one concerned about me? Why would no one hear my side of the story?" I asked them, exasperatedly.

"Okay, tell me, even though I know that you're at fault. Let's listen what you have to say." She crossed her hands across her chest.

"She brought up our father's topic. Asking me to forgive him. I already had a rough day because that good for nothing man showed up at my office today and you know for what? For the share in the property. On top of that, she asks me to forgive that man?!" I heaved out. "My anger just bursted out on her." I said dismissively.

"Toh kya galat keh diya?!" She moved her hands frantically. "Forgive that man. Forget him." Uméma spoke to me with absolute anger. "Just- just leave the past behind Fahad." She kept her hand on my shoulder. (So what wrong did she say?!)

"No, please, don't do the same as Nada s-"

"What she did was correct, my son. Why don't you understand it?! She was hurt seeing you in pain. She asked you to forgive so that you could live without any heaviness on your heart. But you? What did you do? Shouted at her and now you both are getting divorce! Wow." Mom spoke sarcastically.

"Dekho, I want my daughter-in-law back. I'll leave that up to you. And if she still doesn't come back, then I'll understand that you guys were never meant to be." Mom looked me into the eye and glared at me snatching the ground beneath me. (Look.)

Mom stomped away into her making me feel dispirited.

"If you still have some brain left Fahad, realise that your mistake and love for her."  Uméma advised.

Wait what did she just say? Love? I love Nada? No I dont!

"Stop being in denial." Uméma shook her head and went upto her room.

Today, I not only made Nada upset but also my mother and sister too.

I, too, went upstairs in my room, the room which seemed awfully silent. Walking inside it did not reflect any radiance. Just plain.

Going inside the bathroom to get freshen when I had to come back to take my clothes out cause it had become a habit of me to just wear whatever Nada had decided or kept for me.

I decided to text Rahim and asked me to meet me in the evening tomorrow.

I was used to living in my room alone, being independent. But now, it I had become so much subservient, all because of Nada!