-8-

Hey guys. I know am kinda late...

Sorry.

I promised to update before leaving.

I am here to do so....

But you haven't told me your views on this book and the issue at hand...
Anyways I know this,part will be skipped.
Smh....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You will not marry him, Chiamaka. I have said it and it is final." Mama said.

"Nne, you can't ask me to love another. It is not possible." I said sitting down on the chair.

"Mama, we've been here for two days. Its obvious you don't want him to stay. I cook for him with my own money. Mama he sleeps in my room. All the money I had been sending to you, mama, it was from Bayo. Why? Mama why?"

Mama frowned and crossed her arms.

"Well, we both are leaving tomorrow and there's nothing you can do to stop me." I said and stood up.

"Don't ever think of coming back to this house." Mama said and I turned back to her.

"Mama, you married the love of your life...but because mine is from another tribe, you're rejecting him. As long as I have my Father's genuine blessings, it is fine." I said firmly and went in.

I opened my room door. Bayo was awake.

"I heard everything." He said. "Maybe you should listen to Mama."

"Are you stupid?" I asked and went over to him and held his hand.

"You want to leave me? Is that it?" I asked.

"Baby, its not that...."

"Then what?" I asked again upset.

"We will see your kinsmen tomorrow. Let's hear their side " he said and held my hand.

"I am not ready to let you go, Amanda. Not in this life." Bayo said and they embraced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I greet you, Elders." I said and they smiled. "We want to get married."

"To this young man?" They asked.

No oh, to the gods, I replied in my mind.

"Yes." I said. "His name is Bayo. He is a Yoruba Man."

"That's good." They said. "We welcome you." They gave positive answers. That felt so so good to hear.

"So what did your mother say?" One asked.

"She doesn't agree but Father has agreed. My kinsmen, I love this man very much and I want to marry him. I don't care which tribe he is from. He's ready to pay my bride price." I said and Bayo nodded.

"I greet you all." Bayo said.

"I know I am from a different tribe. But I sincerely love her. Please let me marry her. Please." Bayo begged. I held his hand and smoothed it.

They gathered their heads together and talked.

"Okay my daughter. We'll send you our message. We have agreed."

"Thank you so much." I said and I and Bayo both shrieked in laughter.

Ella: that kind thing ehn. E dey sweet person oh....

We hugged too. It felt so good. Now it was to Bayo's Parents. They stayed in Ogun state. We were going to see them very soon.

I was so anxious. Would they reject me?

I needed to talk with someone and I remembered Michelle.

I dialled her number and it rang.

"Hey, Amanda dear." She said.

"Hello dear. How're you?" I asked.

"I am fine. My kids are fine too." She said.

"Oh wow. You're married?" I asked.

"Yes dear. I am."

"Awwn dear, congratulations." I said and I could sense her smile.

"Thanks dear. So what's up?" She asked and I talked to her about it... After a while she sighed.

"My husband is an Edo man, though we stay here in Enugu. It was hard for us to get married sha. But we thank God. Nothing is impossible bae. God dey." She said and I smiled.

"Thanks dear." I said.

"You're most welcome." She said and laughed. "Em...hubby is calling. Let me attend to him. We will talk soon, okay...don't worry too much oh."

"I won't dear. Take care."

"You too. Byee." She said and the call ended.

I sighed. This was really going to be stressful, I thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bayo took me into his house. The gate man welcomed us so well. Probably because it was long he last saw 'Oga Bayo'.

"Kemi." Bayo called. "Mami, where is everybody na?"

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Eeeeeeeee, aburo mi." The girl whom I thought was Kemi ran and hugged him.

"Eh, Kemi." He said and carried her. "Ah, you're fat oh."

"Ehen na. Shey I told you that I will be fat." She said and I laughed.

"Good afternoon Ma." She greeted.

"Afternoon dear." I replied.

"This is Amanda. Amanda,Kemi."

"Oh oh. That aunty that you're getting married to?" Kemi asked.

"Yes na." Bayo replied.

"Awwn, its so nice to meet you, Amanda. My brother is a romantic man. You'll love him." She said.

"Ahh ahn. Kemi na." Bayo said blushing.

"Abi am I lying ni?" She asked and we all laughed.

"What is going on here?" We heard a three of us froze on the spot.

We all turned and faced the speaker.

"Hello, Daddy." Bayo said.

Oh my, Bayo's father, my heart beat I increasing.

"And who is she Bayo?"

"Daddy she....she is my fiancee, Amanda." Bayo said and I froze. My heart almost jumping out of my stomach. I was literally going to pee on myself. His stare could kill.

"I thought I told you that it can't work, Bayo." He said and looked at me.

"Oya, leave." He said to me.

"But daddy," Bayo said trying to stop him.

"I said leave....." He shouted and I went towards the door.
I felt Bayo's arm on mine.

"Daddy, ko le possible oh. She's not going anywhere and I will marry her. You can't change it." Bayo said and I stared.

I saw a woman standing at the corner watching us.

"Mami, Daddy doesn't want Bayo to marry Amanda." Kemi protested.

"I don't want that too." The woman replied and my heart sank.

Both parents rejected me.

Ahh, too bad to Amanda oh.

Chaii I am feeling for her.
Smh...

Please vote and comment....❤