Magic Humans and Monsters Ch.16

The smell of cheap cardboard and old books permeated through the small room as Y/N organized her 'new' books on her new bookshelf. She stepped back, proudly observing her handiwork, her feet sinking into the dense carpet. The bookshelf was the only piece of furniture left behind from Papyrus's room, and now it was filled up with Toriel's 'going away' present to Y/N. The motherly goatwoman wasn't exactly keen on letting Y/N stay with Sans, but after some convincing from both Y/N and him, she caved. Only on the condition that Y/N called her at least once a day and inform her of their 'activities'. She made sure to put extra emphasis on the word. Y/N set the next box on her new bed, fitted with white sheets and a tan comforter.

"Alright, what's next?" She asked herself as she folded the flaps of cardboard back.

"Ah! Clothes!" She announced. She grabbed the box and hauled it to the closet. Even though she had only been in The Underground for a little over two months, she had enough clothes to last a lifetime. Y/N didn't know what she had more of, homemade outfits from Toriel, or 'designer' pieces forced upon her by Mettaton. She chuckled as she pulled out the majorly diverse cluster of clothing and delicately hung each piece. Her favorite sweater that Toriel knitted for her, some durable jeans, an uncomfortably showy 'shirt' from Mettaton. Her eyes caught on the next item, That stupid T-shirt from Brandon. Y/N slowly picked up the shirt, glaring harshly at it.

Brandon. Y/N sighed, letting her arms fall limp and loosening her grip on the shirt. She was going to have to acknowledge it at some point. Today wasn't only 'moving in' day, it was also 'find out if her manipulative ex-friend is her soulmate' day. A shiver ran up her spine at the idea she might be stuck with him forever. She didn't want to know...

"Knock knock" Sans voice matched the knocks on her door. Y/N smiled, exhaling heavily, a distraction.

"Who's there?"

"Cereal"

"Cereal who?"

"Cereal pleasure chatting through the door, but could you please let me in?"

Y/N giggled and opened the door, forgetting about the shirt still in her hand. Lo and behold, Sans stood awkwardly with two bowls of Metta-O's and a stupid grin. Y/N tilted her head, feigning an annoyed look.

"Did you really make cereal for a joke?" A smile cracked through her facade.

"Yup." Sans chuckled, "You want some?"

"Yeah kinda." She moved away from the entrance, inviting him in. He set the bowls down on her nightside table and flopped down on her bed. Y/N laughed, "I'd say make yourself comfortable but it looks like you already have." Sans only shrugged, spotting the shirt in her clutch.

"What's that?" He pointed. Y/N quickly threw the shirt into her closet.