Magic Humans and Monsters Ch.22

Y/N laid awake staring at the lime green wall, the soft snores of Alphys echoing through the lab. It was her third night away from home, her third night away from Sans. Y/N shifted uncomfortably on the stiff gray couch. Alphys had offered to let her stay in one of the clinical rooms, but the atmosphere made her uncomfortable, like she was seriously sick. Which she wasn't. Lovesick, maybe. She groaned loudly at herself, burying her face in a plush pillow. She wasn't even supposed to be thinking of Sans, since it might delay the healing process, even with the medicine Alphys had been giving her three times a day. But she couldn't help it. Y/N clumsily reached for her phone, her and Sans's text conversation opening immediately when she turned it on.

       Sender:                  Hey! I have to stay with Alphys for a bit so

she can  watch my soul, so I'll be home in a few days. Just

letting you know so you don't worry about me too much.

See you soon!                                                                                         

Read 7:42

Sender:                       Hey Sans, I'm sorry about yesterday.

I didn't mean to scare you or  anything. Are you okay?

Read 4:33

Sansy~:                        I'm fine.

Read 4:52

Sender:                             Okay, I miss you!

Sent 4:54

She really messed up this time, huh? And she didn't even completely understand what happened. Y/N let out a long sigh, letting her arm drape off of the couch. Her heart raced when she felt her phone buzz. Maybe he just saw her text! Maybe he wasn't mad at her anymore! She excitedly sat up, enthusiastically reading the notification on her phone.