Magic Humans and Monsters Ch.21

Golden magic swirled through the air, following the tip of Y/N's wand. She hummed contently as she leaned back into her pillow, staring at her handiwork. A poorly drawn picture of stick-figure Sans and her holding hands was slowly fading away. Y/N frowned, somethings missing... She tapped her wand against her lips. She perked up at an idea and raised her wand, tracing a heart around the dull picture. Perfect.

"Knock knock." Sans's voice was muffled by the door. Y/N squeaked in alarm, clumsily scattering her magic drawing.

"W-Who's there?" She awkwardly called out. Sans remained silent for a few seconds, giving her time to compose herself.

"...Did I interrupt something?"

Y/N giggled softly, "Did I interrupt something who?" She could hear Sans laughing from the other side of the door.

"And you call my jokes bad!" He snorted.

"They are bad! That was a great joke."

Sans wheezed, "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, but you have to admit that was funny." Y/N demanded playfully.

Sans pushed open the door, shaking his head in surrender, "Fine, that was the funniest thing I've ever heard in my entire life." He chuckled sarcastically.

"Jerk." Y/N smiled brightly at him, a gesture he returned before flopping down next to her. "How was work?" She hummed, raising her wand to start a new drawing.

"Work?" Sans chuckled, "I forgot to go. So it was pretty good."

Y/N laughed heartily and turned to give him a smirk along with a snarky response. But the second his eyes met hers, all she could see was Brandon. Brandon's deep blue eyes glaring into her, violating her. He stared at her as if he knew every secret she had ever kept, a maliciousness in his gaze. Y/N froze in fear, she could feel her eyes tearing up. A stabbing pain burst through Y/N's soul, making her double over in pain, squeezing her eyes shut.

"Jesus, Y/N, are you alright?" Sans hands hovered above her shoulders, longing to hold her and comfort her, but understanding if he touched her, it would only make it worse.

Y/N's soul was throbbing in pain, an icy sting in the center. "I-It hurts..." Y/N choked out agonizingly. Her hands shook, weakly gripping on to her chest. "My soul..." She muttered weakly.

Sans tensed, "Your soul hurts?" He whispered, hoping he heard wrong. Y/N only nodded, catching her breath as the pain slowly wore off. "We need to go to Alphys. Fast. Is there anywhere I can touch you without triggering... That." He said urgently.

Y/N thought for a moment. "Maybe if I kept my eyes closed...?"