Magic Humans and Monsters Ch.28

The second Y/N felt her feet touch the ground, she was harshly shoved closer to Sans. The mall was bustling with monsters, all in a rush to go through each store. She held on to Sans's arm desperately.

"What the hell is going on?" She nearly had to yell for him to hear her.

Sans snaked his arm around her waist to keep her from being dragged away with the crowd, "I don't-" Someone rammed into him, almost knocking him over.

"I'm sorry!" The monster cried back, but kept going, "I have to get a wedding gift before it's too late!" They disappeared in the mass. Sans tugged Y/N to the side of the shopping center, struggling past the hoard of monsters frantically running from store to store.

"...Well, that answers that..." He huffed and pulled her closer, even though he no longer had to worry about them separating. Y/N didn't mind, though.

"Wedding gift? Like... For Paps and Mettaton?" She whispered, their faces only inches apart. She could feel the warmth of his breath on her cheek.

Sans hummed in acknowledgment, she felt the low rumble of his voice through his chest. She quickly shoved her hand in the pocket on her dress that held her wand, and silently cast a concealment spell over her chest. Sans was looking around the mall for a safe place to go. Without warning, he tightened his grip on her waist and teleported into an almost completely empty store, a suit shop.

Y/N looked around the store, it was elegant and dark. Several suits of different shapes and sizes hung on the walls. She barely noticed her energy draining until she realized she was practically clinging to Sans. She hastily dispersed her spell and backed away from him shakily. He seemed to notice something was off, but she smiled at him reassuringly.

"So... What now?" Y/N noticed a black leather couch and swiftly sat down on it, crossing her legs. Sans took a seat next to her, a little too close for comfort.

"Well... You want a suit?" He chuckled, leaning back against the wall. A small bunny-woman strutted around the corner to greet them. She was dressed to the nines in a bright red suit and tall black heels.

"Ah, Sans!" She welcomed him fondly, Y/N couldn't help but feel a little jealous, "I suppose you're here to try on your suit?" Despite her sharp look, she had a relaxed country accent.

"Ah shit, I forgot about that." Sans facepalmed at himself and leaned on his knees. Y/N nudged him and gave him a curious look. "My suit for the wedding, I forgot to pick it up."

The bunny-woman grinned, "Well, you're here now, darlin'!" Y/N tensed at the little 'nickname'. "Come in and make sure it fits, I wouldn't want ya walkin' down the aisle in a baggy suit!" She grabbed his hand and pulled him to his feet, making Y/N's teeth grind.

"No, that's alright." He resisted, "I'll come back another time, it's her birthday." He smiled at Y/N and offered his hand to help her up. She gladly took his hand and glanced at the woman smugly before immediately looking away. What was she doing? She couldn't get jealous like this, it would destroy their friendship, especially when he finds his soulmate. She cringed and put her hands in her pockets, forcing a shy smile with apologetic eyes.