Magic Humans and Monsters Ch.31

TW: Adult themes & underage drinking

The hallway echoed with the hasty click of heels. After an hour of torture, Mettaton's beauty workers finally let Y/N go. And now, she had to rush to get to the reception on time. She saw a few monsters gathered around a table, picking up little folded notecards. The door behind them was wide open and she could see the white-clothed tables, of what was usually Mettaton's restaurant, decorated with flowers and ribbons. The inside was crowded with lots of monsters and even more presents. She made it. Y/N let out a sigh of relief and trotted up to the small table. The little notecards turned out to be name-tags with seating directions on them. She scanned over the ocean of white cards until her eyes caught on her name. Table 1, B. She chuckled to herself, What the hell did that mean? A hand touched the small of her back, grabbing her attention. Why was he touching her? He knew she was mad. She whipped around to let the skeleton man explain himself, but he wasn't there. The person touching her back was not Sans, but some older monster guy that she didn't recognize.

"Hi beautiful, you need some help?" He smiled, but it wasn't the threatening kind of smirk she was used to from creeps on the surface, he was being genuine. That didn't mean she let her guard down.

"Oh, haha, no thanks. I can find the way on my own." She firmly pried his hand off of her, "Thank you, though."

"Come on, little darling, let me help you." The man blatantly ignored her wishes and placed his hand back on her, guiding her into the room. She could feel her shoulders tense, she knew this man wasn't going to hurt her, he was a monster and monsters were kind, but she had been conditioned to be scared for her life when a man touched her like that. He put his hand around hers and turned the card so he could see, she could only stare in frozen horror.

"Oh, look at you! You're sitting at the front table, no surprise with your beautiful face." He complimented, leading her to the front. He wasn't going to hurt her, he just wanted to help her. Y/N had to repeat the phrase over and over to keep herself from crying.

"Hey, buddy, what do you think you're doing?" A familiar baritone voice called loudly from behind her, she visibly relaxed. Sans ripped the old monster's hand from her back and snaked his arm around her waist, holding her protectively. She grasped his hand shakily, focusing on keeping her breathing steady. She had no reason to be scared, this man was not going to hurt her.

The monsters raised his hands in surrender, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize she was with someone! My apologies, missy."

"Don't call her that." He growled, she could feel the vibrations from his chest.

"Alright alright, I'm sorry, I meant no harm." He bowed apologetically and shuffled away.

Sans reluctantly let go of her so she could turn to him, "Are you okay? You looked terrified."

She backed away from him, "Yeah..." She stared at the ground. Sans clenched the seam of his slacks in his fists to keep from touching her.

"Thank you." She met his eyes with a small smile.