Magic Humans and Monsters Ch.20

The past few weeks had been quite uneventful, each day spent the same. Y/N would wake up first and get breakfast to share with Sans, then he would go to work and come back every five minutes while Y/N entertained herself. She had picked up a few new habits in her boredom, but she enjoyed reading the most. Every day, she would go to the 'librarby' to return books and get new ones. She was learning a lot about monsters and their souls, but she was also learning a lot about monsters and their erotica. But Y/N kept those books hidden in her room when she borrowed them, she did not need Sans to find 'Monster in the Sheets'. Then, once Sans was finished with work for the day, they would laze around on the couch together for a few hours until he decided to make dinner.

It was the lazy time of the day. Y/N rested her feet in Sans's lap as she got lost in another chapter and Sans drowsily watched Mettaton reruns. It was Y/N's favorite time of the day, but it was also the time she needed to be the most careful. Hiding her feelings from her newfound soulmate was surprisingly easy. She had learned early on that her concealment spell took a lot of energy, and she could only keep it up for a few minutes, so she saved it as a last resort to hiding her soul. But her soul had not been glowing much lately, since every time she felt a romantic connection with him, Brandon would flash through her mind.

Y/N frowned to herself, choosing to ignore that thought for a little longer and escape into her book. This one was one that Toriel had given her, it was a book about a human and a monster falling in love during The War, a star-crossed lovers kind of romantic fiction that Y/N indulged in a bit too much. She had just gotten to the part where the human confesses his love to the monster when her eyelids started to droop. Each time she blinked, her eyes stayed closed for just a little bit longer.

"He sat upon the tree, calling out to his love, the most-"

Blink.

"The monster princess snuck onto the balcony-"

Blink.

"I love you-"

Blink.

When Y/N opened her eyes again, she was greeted by a man's chest. She was in that stupid dream again. An arm was holding her firmly to his chest, his fingers tangled in her hair. Y/N relished the feeling, but she knew it wouldn't last. Every time she attempted to see his face, she woke up. But something felt extra... Familiar. Y/N considered staying still and comfortable in this unknown man's arms, but her curiosity got the better of her. She slowly turned up to see him, scared he would disappear at any moment. But he didn't. A small smile broke out across her face as her eyes met white pupils. Sans.

"It's you." Y/N chuckled, "Of course it's you."

Sans gave her a lopsided smile. "Who else would it be?" She giggled as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Since it was her first time seeing him, it was also her first time seeing the room. They laid together in a large bed with soft white sheets and perfectly fluffed pillows. The walls were painted a light beige color with glistening hardwood floorboards. Morning sunlight shone through lacy white curtains, giving everything a dreamy effect. It was like heaven.