Magic Humans and Monsters Ch.34

Every morning at 7:30 sharp, Y/N would check her phone and then sneak out of bed. She would disappear for a few hours, then slither back into his arms around 10. Then sometimes she would go out for the whole afternoon, and she was always sweaty and cheerful when she came home. Every day for a month. And maybe before that, he only really started noticing about a month ago. She had no clue he was awake when she left and she never mentioned it when she came back. Sans was not happy about this new arrangement, but he had no idea how to bring it up.

Sans's soul lit up with hot anger as he felt her wiggle out of his grip again. What was she doing? He could hear her shuffling around the room, getting dressed. Where was she going? She pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead then left, making sure to close the door softly. Why was she hiding it from him? Sans sat up in their bed, too frustrated and suspicious to go back to sleep. He huffed and leaned back on the headboard when something shiny caught his attention from the corner of his eye. Her engagement ring. She took off her engagement ring. He numbly picked up the small ring from her nightstand and gaped at it. There was no way. There was no way she left her engagement ring there. But it was there in his hand and she was nowhere to be seen. Why would she take it off? Unless... She was hiding their engagement from someone. No, she would never do something like that to him... ...Right?

His soul was torn into two. One half was aching with painful betrayal and the other was burning with jealous rage. Y/N had to be cheating on him. His soul throbbed excruciatingly at the 'realization'. No, he was jumping to conclusions, she had to have an explanation. He needed to know, he needed to talk to her. Sans carefully set her ring down before frantically reaching for his phone. He clicked the familiar '<3mate' and gripped the phone to his ear.

"Hey! Sorry, I'm not at the phone right now, but I'll call you back as soon as I can!" Beep

It went straight to voicemail. It went straight to voicemail.

"Y/N, what the fuck!? Where the hell are you, and why did you take off your ring!?" His voice cracked, he took a deep breath, "Just... Please come home." He ended the call.

Sans grasped his chest in agony. She took off her ring, turned off her phone, and didn't tell him anything. What could she be doing that wasn't cheating? ...He couldn't think of anything. He gasped in pain as invasive images of random monsters touching Y/N's bare midriff, her looking at them the way she looked at him when they... She wouldn't. She loved him, he was just being insecure. She wouldn't cheat on him. She wouldn't. He screamed the sentence in his head over and over again to drown out the hurtful thoughts and pictures.

She wouldn't.

~~~

Y/N wiped her brow as she slid off the plastic gloves. Her hand felt uncomfortably bare without her ring, but it was better having to worry about losing it in the Cinnamon Bun dough. She was lucky enough to get a consistent morning job at the town's shop, and she wasn't going to mess it up.