39

"So for the banquet you're going to give a speech and then- your majesty?" One of the staff calls out

Taehyun looks to his side to look at the sleeping prince. He nudges Yeonjun and the prince quickly opens his eyes, sits up and smiles innocently.

"Yes yes I'm listening go on"

But Yeonjun was in fact not listening. His mind preoccupied with other things- like Beomgyu.

After three years, it wasn't the reunion he was imagining. Sure, he hadn't expected Beomgyu to run into his arms, and sure he deserved the hostility he got. He prepared for that all, but one thing he didn't prepare for was finding hickeys on Beomgyu.

It pissed him off but he couldn't show it in front of Beomgyu. After all he was trying to get on his good side.

His phone buzzes and he sees a message from Soobin and already knows what it is before opening it.

"Is something wrong?" Taehyun asks Yeonjun.

"Uh yeah- actually I have some things to do, lets reschedule" it was more of a demand than anything.

The staff became visibly nervous, the banquet was in tomorrow and the prince hasn't practiced his lines at all.

"The banquet is soon" Taehyun reminds the prince

"It'll be fine, I'll have you there" Yeonjun waves his hand, dismissing this meeting and gets up.

He leaves the meeting room out into the main castle halls and starts walking to the main entrance to wait for his ride.

The walk to the entrance would take some time so he uses this chance to open Soobins message.

Soobin: -File Attachment-
Soobin: I feel like Sherlock Holmes lol

Yeonjun clicks on the file. First is an image of a person he doesn't recognize and it doesn't take a scientist to know that this person was Beomgyu's boyfriend.

___________________